No announcement yet.

Help Needed for 10th Birthday Feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed for 10th Birthday Feature!

The 10th birthday of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) is July 26th, 2008 and your help is greatly needed to celebrate it! We are in need of now only ideas for a greater feature, but also volunteers to put those ideas into practice and available for inclusion in the feature. A logo is also needed.

Therefore, if you have an idea for the feature, are available to assist if not lead the creation of a feature or both, please post your interest, availability and specifics in this thread ASAP! As of this initial post it's just three weeks away, and it would be ideal to have all items finalized and ready to go a day or two before then.

Without the community's assistance, the birthday feature for ACS will be far too sparse for marking any of its birthdays let alone this decade milestone.
    Last edited by DanQ; July 5, 2008, 16:02.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

what help do you need?

it's a bit of a short schedule though

Comment

Certainly items for the feature could be added into August -- nothing written in stone that it all needs to be available for the 26th -- but some substantive items should be ready for the actual birth date. I have some thoughts for some items, but by no means is it an exhaustive list... ideas for what to include, in addition to those willing and able to see to their inclusion, is needed.

• Birthday logo
    • "Year in Headlines" (as done in previous celebrations)
    • Staff Views (past and/or present)
    • Community Member Reflections/Remembrances
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

The last one would be the easiest
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        The last one would be the easiest

Either PM or email them to me.

Comment

Community Member Reflections/Remembrances
          "nice site." - Sirotnikov.

Comment

I'm not sure you want to hear what I have to say.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
              I'm not sure you want to hear what I have to say.
              Hey...at least you are offering to help! (again...)
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I'll be happy to help by perma-banning several individuals that drop the collective IQ of this site.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

A self-sacrifice?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You just made my list, Flanders.

Comment

I thought I was in the top somewhere already.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                        "nice site." - Sirotnikov.
                        That's good. Could you expand on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
                          I'll be happy to help by perma-banning several individuals that drop the collective IQ of this site.
                          But that would leave just me and I'd be lonely by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

That's good. Could you expand on it?
                            What specifically do you want me to expand on?

Comment

• Working...
                              X