X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanSpam?

I just got the following email from DanQ:

Hi Murg.

I don't know how often you check your PMs, but I don't believe you have particularly recently -- please do so now.

--
    DanQ
    But Im unable to check my PM's since Im not an ApolytonPlus member. Was this a spam message, or is there another was to get PM access without paying?

Uh... you don't need to be a Plus member to get PM access. Just click on pm at the top of the screen.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Uh... you don't need to be a Plus member to get PM access. Just click on pm at the top of the screen.
      Weird, for me when I mpouseover the pm option it says "Private Messages Link/Indicator: Available only to ApoylytonPlus Members". If I click on the pm option it takes me to the ApolytonPlus signup page.

Maybe Im doing something wrong?

Comment

That link only works if you are plus member. If not, there is link in the control panel and the bottom of the main forum page.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will
          That link only works if you are plus member. If not, there is link in the control panel and the bottom of the main forum page.
          Ahh, that did it. Weird, I can see my PMs through control panel, just not through the pm link. Thanks Will!

It looks like DanQ had sent me a PM so it wasn't just random CanadianSpam. My spologies for maligning his good name.
          Last edited by Murg; June 29, 2008, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Murg

Weird, I can see my PMs through control panel, just not through the pm link. Thanks Will!
            The PM link is meant to be a bonus for plus members.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

at the subject line.

Originally posted by Murg
              It looks like DanQ had sent me a PM so it wasn't just random CanadianSpam. My spologies for maligning his good name.
              No worries ... this time.
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I also found out that in your edit options you can set yourself to recieve an email when you receive an PM (formerly it hadn't been set so I didnt know I was getting messages).

Everyone else probably knew that, but just in case I thought I'd mention it.

Comment

And I had such hope.........

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Shouldn't Murg get six months of free PolyPLUS for being on PolyCast?
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

He should have sent you a PM telling you to check your PMs...
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Shouldn't he be banned for posting an email?
                        "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                          Shouldn't he be banned for posting an email?
                          Eeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                            Shouldn't Murg get six months of free PolyPLUS for being on PolyCast?
                            Only guest co-hosting counts in that respect.

Thread closed.
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                            X