Ignored users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignored users

Something thats been bugging me for awile now is some older users are listed as ignored no matter what, and their posts cant be brought up. Marko Polo is one, ive seen others though in archives.

Whats up with this?

example
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

It's a problem with certain threads from before we upgraded to vBulletin - April 2001 is just before we did that. The accounts of those users do not technically exist in the post-upgrade database.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It doesn't pre-date vB, but yes, Solver is right that that always happens with deleted users. vB3 handles such users much more gracefully, so once we upgrade this issue will be resolved.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

That thread is slightly pre-vB, I believe. There are several "deleted" users such as Markos himself as holdovers from the old threads.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

That thread was, but it's not a pre-vB problem, it affects ALL deleted users, not just pre-vB ones (and we've had plenty of account deletions since then, although exactly because of this we pretty much never do that anymore).
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Somehow I got Agathon on my ignore list, how did that happen?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You probably clicked the ignore button
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Nope.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hmm, I wonder what it could have been then.

Nope, I give up. No clue.

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Marko Polo is deleted? No wonder I haven't seen him around for ages.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                    X