I'd like to offer an idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to offer an idea.

How about a statement of what is acceptable and unacceptable conduct for staff? Most companies have such statements these days and I can think of a few cases where staff, well one staff member, has acted rather rudely and undignified. It might be helpful to list conduct which should be avoided so that everyone knows how staff should and shouldn't behave.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

MarkG isn't staff.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

MarkG has always acted cool towards me. I was thinking of someone else. Either way conduct guidelines seem like a good idea to help clarify things for everyone.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did DanQ proposition you as well? I no longer feel special.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Leaving to one side for a second the issue of Dan propositioning posters, I agree with this idea. However, none of the staff are likely to volunteer it, so it looks like Oerdin has volunteered to put around a first draft.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            ...it looks like Oerdin has volunteered to put around a first draft.
            Get Asher to do it and I'll make popcorn.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: I'd like to offer an idea.

Originally posted by Oerdin
              How about a statement of what is acceptable and unacceptable conduct for staff? Most companies have such statements these days and I can think of a few cases where staff, well one staff member, has acted rather rudely and undignified. It might be helpful to list conduct which should be avoided so that everyone knows how staff should and shouldn't behave.

Hi ,

why staff are naughty , ....

a code of conduct might be intresting , ....

Have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I think all posters should be held to the same standard that Asher is held to.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The mods should be held to no higher standard than the posters, since everyone always complains when there are double standards.

This isn't a company, nor is it run like one. (thank god)
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If it were perhaps the paychecks would be better ... err, exist at all ...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oerdin, you are failing to consider that the ******* in question isn't as bad, or so they claim, as the *******s at that other site, which makes it ok to be an ******* here.

We should be proud of our ******* for meeting this higher standard....or perhaps just grateful for his being an under achiever?

Yeah, yeah, that's it.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        If it were perhaps the paychecks would be better ... err, exist at all ...

...and then there's always the defense by good 'ol Snoopy here that it's ok to be an ******* to people because they aren't being paid not to be.

Btw, I'm refering to the individual using seven stars because naming a name might be considered derogatory or inflamatory. It's just my little code, in case someone was wondering.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                        X