• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gramphos
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
      Hopefully any complications should be gone now.
      :desire:
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

While the issue could have been communicated in a more polite manner, the lack of a method of notifying people of planned outages is certainly an issue, and one we have rectified.

Please subscribe to this thread:

and we will attempt to keep this updated as much as possible with any planned outages (and after the fact explanations of unplanned ones). We won't post every single maintenance operation in there as that would be boring and not useful, but we will try to update it with anything that will cause a significant amount of disruption.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why don't you replace the useless PolyCast announcements at the top of every forum for planned outage announcements?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Why don't you replace the useless PolyCast announcements at the top of every forum for UN-planned outage announcements?
            Reason I say UN-planned is that you can't claim an outage as planned if you suddenly go "Holy ****, we need a new blah blah blah, gotta do it now!"

PLANNED outages should have lead-times of weeks.

EDIT: Just read the topped maint thread, and I ask, how the hell can you claim a planned/scheduled outage if communication proves not possible? Those types of outages have long lead times (or should in any half-baked company) where communication and impact analysis has weeks to occur. Saying that communication is not possible brings me to one conclusion, that the inner sanctum does not want to communicate with us what is going on.

Quote in topped thread:
            "We will attempt to give as much notice in advance as possible of planned outages, but as with any circumstance this may prove to not always be possible."
            Last edited by Dale; June 5, 2008, 22:10.

Comment

Well, we do this in our spare time. We might plan to do something at the next window of opportunity, but we don't know when that is until less than a day before sometimes, and if we don't do it then, it won't be done at all.

Regarding yesterdays outtake. It was planned, but not announced about 6 hours before, and should only have lasted for 15 minutes plus the extra load after.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

NEW SITE LOGO!
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

ITS BACK UP!!!!!

"

Comment

My threads still isn't.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This place isn;t up if I have to login to view it...
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

From the maintenance log (bolding mine):

We are currently experiencing some trouble related to the work done yesterday, and are preparing to revert parts of the work for now. We will schedule additional downtime to redo parts of the changes once we have isolated the error.

That's still ongoing and will slow down the server for a bit longer -- basically until Gramphos calls it a night, which knowing him normally shouldn't be too much longer.

We've set the maintenance processes to not overly tax the server, but it's unavoidable the effect will be noticeable to some, especially guests. I've been browsing around as a guest to test though, I get the odd time-out but it mostly seems fine to me.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Update: we just found a bug that was causing unnecessary slowdowns, thing should be much smoother now.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Update: we just found a bug that was causing unnecessary slowdowns, thing should be much smoother now.

Thanks Locutus
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm glad the site is back up.

Asher, yet more proof that you dont deserve to be here.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                                I'm glad the site is back up.

Asher, yet more proof that you dont deserve to be here.
                                Yesterday's gongshow of an outage during primetime to put in changes that resulted in a gongshow of an outage today to remove the changes introduced yesterday proves I don't deserve to be here?
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X