Modcast#10: Code-*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modcast#10: Code-*****

Finally in the double digits, the ModCast crew brings you jkp1187 to talk about his mods, and then everything devolves into the nonsense you've all come to know and love. Episode 10, "Code-*****" (48m47s), features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi with first-time guest host John "jkp1187" Palcheck.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 02m30s | Code Corner
      We talked about AIAutoPlay by jdog5000, Enhanced City Size by Mylon, and Holy Wars by Kailric.
    - 19m20s | Artists Sketchpad
      We looked at the International Space Station by The_Coyote.
    - 25m45s | Spotlight
      We featured John "jkp1187" Palcheck and talked with him about his NextWar Mod Mod and his Random Events Mod and much more.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Yay new episode.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Re: Modcast#10: Code-*****

Originally posted by Locutus
      ... features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi...
      And one other...
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Main features (to me) were the humor and John/jkp1187's Events mod. Verrrry Interesting.

I have made many XML changes to several files for my CusomAssets folder so the game aligns more with MY preferences. Because I don't know how mods interact with such changes, I haven't been playing mods (though I dabbled in Final Frontier a couple games ago). To mod a 'mod' I presume you have to make changes to that mod's files (into the mod's CustomAssets), and my changes have been so many over time that I balk at all the work it would involve.

Comment

These modcasts are beginning to grow on me. I have never been one to use mods much, but these modcasts are introducing me things I would never have considered otherwise. I hope you guys can keep this up -- it could prolong the replayability of Civ4 almost indefinitely.
          I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aštassi kammu naklu ša šumeri ṣullulu akkadû ana šutēšuri ašṭu
          "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

And don't forget the merge mod with jdog5000's Revolution:

NextWar: Revolutions....

NOTE: This mod was built using patch v.3.13. As a result, it will crash if the new v.3.17 patch is installed. I will update this as soon as I can, but things are very busy in real life for me at the moment. (If all goes well, when the update is done, it will also incorporate the most recent...

"The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

It was a very good episode. I really liked the detail about jdog5000's AIAutoPlay. I ended up getting a hold of him after I heard the podcast to see about integrating it in my mod.
              Last edited by Murg; June 1, 2008, 16:55.

Comment

Working...
              X