Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton PLUS Suggestion

Here is a suggestion for an added benefit for Apolyton Plus members:

As it stands right now, posters are limited to starting 2 threads per day.

For myself, I understand the reason for this policy - it's an anti-spamming new threads countermeasure.

As a suggestion, what if regular Apolytoners were limited to starting 2 threads per day (as is the case right now), while Apolyton Plus members are entitled to starting say, 4 threads per day?

I highly doubt that I myself would ever exercise the privilege - but there are other fellow Apolytoners who would and it increases the desirability of becoming an Apolyton Plus member.

EDIT: I just realized that if anyone starts a 3rd thread, then it is in violation of the rules...so adjusted my suggested numbers accordingly.
    Last edited by Wittlich; April 24, 2008, 21:57.

Note that the limit only applies to the OT forum
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

So be it.

Comment

Off Topicphobics!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
          So be it.

Wittlich

I think your idea has merit.

I mean, in the big scheme of things, a small reward for an investment well needed.

But, this will be discussed outside of the living room of the House known as Apolyton
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

We appreciate the suggestion, Wittlich, but we're going to have to decline.

ApolytonPLUS is a means for individuals to financially contribute to this site with some perks that go along with that (e.g. no advertisements when logged in to one's account that's subscribed to the service). Your suggestion would result in a PLUS benefit out of that range and into forum content/rules territory. We're not comfortable with that for as we've said and maintained from the beginning of this service, PLUS subscribers are to have access to the same content and obey the same posting rules as those who do not subscribe.

That all said, I hope you don't take this as an overtone to not make such suggestions in the first place. That's far from the intent of this response, and I hope it comes across that way.
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

ApolytonPLUS is a means for individuals to financially contribute to this site with some perks that go along with that (e.g. no advertisements when logged in to one's account that's subscribed to the service). Your suggestion would result in a PLUS benefit out of that range and into forum content/rules territory. We're not comfortable with that for as we've said and maintained from the beginning of this service, PLUS subscribers are to have access to the same content and obey the same posting rules as those who do not subscribe.

That all said, I hope you don't take this as an overtone to not make such suggestions in the first place. That's far from the intent of this response, and I hope it comes across that way.
              Thats why people enjoy talking and listening to you sir, with a gentle ease your answer is that an answer, no take or it shove it

thanks again

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Off Topicphobics!
                QFT
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

No problem Dan. Like I stated earlier, it was only a suggestion.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

It was a good suggestion...

and a good answer by Dan

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What do I have to do to access my apolyton.net email pop3 thingy?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Welcome.

Originally posted by Krill
                        What do I have to do to access my apolyton.net email pop3 thingy?
                        As a Lifetime PLUS subscriber, you can have an apolyton.com POP3 email address -- that is, one that's independent of any other email account. (The .net addresses are for Poly staff only.) There are a number of other domains you can have such an email address from as a PLUS subscriber (see forum footer for listing). Still interested?
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Always useful...sure, I'm still interested.
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Wait, was that an offer of a job?

Comment

Working...
                            X