Happy Birthday John T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday John T

I havent been around much but dropped in and saw it is his Birthday.

Wherever you are JohnT, hope your having a blessed Birthday!

Hope all is doing well in your life too!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Rumour has it he was driven away by certain site leaders' pompousness and verbosity

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
          Rumour has it he was driven away by certain site leaders' pompousness and verbosity
          That rumour is incorrect, unfounded and -- quite honestly -- hurtful and unnecessarily divisive, so let's stop its spread here once and for all. This thread is not the place for such statements or discussion besides, but I will refer to a post earlier this year where I disclosed what little I know about his status.

Happy Birthday, JohnT -- hope you are well.
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Happy birthday!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Also, welcome back, Grandpa Troll.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Happy belated JohnT!
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

That rumour is incorrect, unfounded and -- quite honestly -- hurtful and unnecessarily divisive, so let's stop its spread here once and for all. This thread is not the place for such statements or discussion besides, but I will refer to a post earlier this year where I disclosed what little I know about his status.

Happy Birthday, JohnT -- hope you are well.
                  Thanks Dan...I didn't know that was the case.

Have you tried emailing him?

Happy Belated JohnT!!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                    Thanks Dan...I didn't know that was the case.
                    Welcome.

Have you tried emailing him?
                    Many-a-time and phone calls as well. We just may well never know...
                    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Apolyton caring for its missing members

Hoping JohnT is doing well

Apolyton still being here after all these years....PRICLESS

Comment

I started that rumour.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          I started that rumour.
                          -- we will speak no more of it.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                          Apolyton caring for its missing members

Hoping JohnT is doing well

Apolyton still being here after all these years....PRIC[E]LESS

Comment

The man cut his losses and left after things got downright spooky, why do we celebrate him?
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

To me, Life is too short to hold continual grudges.

I am still learning to "agree to disagree"

But I like the line Robert Redford used in The Last Castle.

He was sentenced to military prison, inside he met the son of a man he had spent time with in a prisoner of war camp during Vietnam conflict.

The son had a bad relationship with the father, and Redford's character had called him a good man. The son said he was something, maybe a @zzhat, to which Redford stated, its an unwritten rule, after "_______" years everyone is a good man.

This is the way at the young age of almost 49 (2.5 months from now) that while I do not agree with folks across the world, I dont have to. That doesnt mean I can find good in folks and help celebrate some good times for that person.

I did not know JohnT that well, more remember his baby with red eyes avatar, and was looking forward to seeing him at Polycon until some guy on cocaine rear ended me and had to back out, regrettably. Had many surgeries to get back better, still working on that as we speak.

I say this because because I had heard possibly some hardships had befallen him, do not know for sure.

I am that kind of person fire and ice, when p!$$ed off, I am a weiner, regrettably so, when not that way, try to be a warm and passionate person about other persons feelings.

I wish I was somewhat less hard headed at times, less stiff necked and more warm and compassionate at heart more often.

I feel better when I dont hurt or harm another person. Thats me.

Be well and hope you have a blessed day and yes, look forward one day to shaking your hand and giving you a hug!

Brother Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X