ModCast #5: "Chuck Norris"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModCast #5: "Chuck Norris"

The fifth episode of ModCast is here, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). "Chuck Norris" (45m54s) features the four core panelists Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi as well as the show's first ever guest, Steven "esemjay" Jimenez. The episode is a few days late due to a planning mishap, our apologies for the delay.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 02m45s | Artist Sketchpad
      We discuss King Hiram of Tyre by Amra, Metal Chariot and Witches by sakhr, Chugginator's Dwarfs, new Palaces from The Navy Seal and Bolsheviks and Chuck Norris by GarretSidzaka.
    - 21m45s | Code Corner
      We talk about Dale's Unique Names Fix, GIR's KGB mod and hacking Civilization onto a mobile phone.
    - 28m00s | Spotlight
      Following up on last episode's Code Corner, we invited Steven Jiminez a.k.a. esemjay on as our first-ever guest to talk more about his KFM Converter.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

For Garret & Kenneth:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Man, I want a Vegemite sandwich now.

Comment

Probably my least favorite episode so far. It definitly gave the impression that the reviewers were just browsing civfanatics looking for material to talk about. Worst of all it didnt cover any mods (which I would think should be the core of every show).

I like that you cover the art, I like that you cover utilities. Tt was especially good to hear Tony talk about how he used the utility on his Chuck Norris unit, thats the kind of 1st person detail that really makes the show valuable. But there are a lot of awesome mods out there that it would be cool if you guys could play, give a review and maybe even talk to the creator about.

Thats also good for the community as a whole, and a way to spark interest and future development (both in encouraging people to try out new mods, and to modders to work on mods to get covered).

Just my 2 cents. I think the modcast has so much potential and I love listening to your shows, please take my critism in the good spiritis it is intended.

Comment

Nice show guys!!!

I think I may be hooked, listened to this one while preparing dinner.......
        Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
          For Garret & Kenneth:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Man, I want a Vegemite sandwich now.
          That video is great in a bizarre kind of way.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
          X