Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Why is it that upon being made staff members, formerly prolific posters seem to fall off teh face of teh earth?

Consider:
    - JohnT left after years of posting upon being made PolyCon coordinator or something
    - Diadem disappeared after being made News Editor or whatever
    - Drogue hardly posts anymore
    - Grandpa Troll stopped posting after he became a staff member
    - Grandpa Troll made a triumphant return after ceasing to be a staff member
    - Will9 was recently made a staff member, and hasn't been seen in quite a while

Come to think of it, I haven't seen RobWhoram recently either
    Teh stress is too much for them to handle :(
    0.00%
    Teh staff forum is so exciting that they don't post in teh regular fora anymore :angry:
    46.67%
    They get disillusioned with teh administration and leave :heartbre:
    26.67%
    Their new status goes to their heads and they don't notice teh banana peels in their paths [img]http://www.eventis.ws/images/smilies/b_rotten.gif[/img]
    26.67%
    Last edited by LordShiva; November 20, 2007, 16:58.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

I don't understand why no one has ever considered the thoroughly probable possibility that JohnT just became a coke addict, got kicked out of his house by his wife, and now lives on the streets whoring himself out for desperately needed cash, and doesn't really have the opportunity to post anymore. It could happen to anyone, really.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well what about teh others, then?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

More than likely they formed some sort of crime-fighting superhero team and are too busy kicking terrorist ass to post.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Will9 is too unpatriotic to do such a thing. He's more likely to be working with some sort of anarch-commie underground movement to help bring down America.

Comment

Re: Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Originally posted by LordShiva
            - Will9 was recently made a staff member, and hasn't been seen in quite a while
            Will9 left long ago back in early August and never became part of the staff.

If you were talking about me, I wasn't very active for about 3 weeks recently, but I am back.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: Re: Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Originally posted by Will
              I am back.

:better crying:

Comment

Re: Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Why is it that .........
                You can't spell THE.

Comment

Teh is good in moderation, especially in grand thread titles.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Speaking for me only, I did leave and yes returned.

However, Iam just under two weeks from two surgeries, continuation of my auto accident from March of 2006.

I have had a spine operation and a carpal tunnel on left hand. Now they will go back in left hand and remove tendons under the thumb and rebuild left side of wrist, it stays swollen and hurts like hell, and consequently I am on pain meds, which doesnt bode well for concentration, Tramadol, Vicodin and 50 mgs Hydroxyzine (1-2 times a day) to help sleep as pain keeps me awake.

I have 2 and a half weeks off, just hard to type and concentrate while on these meds, oh and I assure you, I dont mean harm when high on this stuff, just well, Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose, watch out and give me a wide berth

Anyhoo, I also have added an additional plant to my professional life, which is time consuming as well.

I love my Polydom and wish the site the best.

I am just not near where I should be physically, heres hoping Decemember 3rd surgery goes well and reduces swelling, relieves pain and give old grumpee gramps some overdue relief
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I always thought that getting made a a staff member was just another way of saying "Getting sent to Mingapulco".
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                        I always thought that getting made a a staff member was just another way of saying "Getting sent to Mingapulco".
                        No...no..no..Thats gettin teh shaft
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: Re: Teh Mystery of teh Disappearing Staff Members

Originally posted by Dale

You can't spell THE.

Comment

Upon becoming staff members DanQ lets them in on his big secret. When they are shocked and want to quit DanQ makes sure they are 'taken care of'.

Comment

Working...
                              X