Originally posted by DrSpike
      Surely it can't be that bad.

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
      Yeah! What do I win for 2nd place?
      Originally posted by Solver
      A quieter laptop fan
      Originally posted by Jon Shafer
      Sweet!

You'll have to share it with each other though... and with Kael and Nugog too.

BTW Jon, we have that smilie here too :
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I looked in the list but I missed it. Drat.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
          You'll have to share it with each other though... and with Kael and Nugog too.
          It's alright - Jon can have my share.

Maybe in exchange for a care package from Firaxis...........
          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Hey, the holidays are coming up, I can't be sending stuff out willy nilly now.

Jon

Comment

>> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Could you send me some chipotle Jon?
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Congratulations to Ming who garnered the most votes here of those who cast ballots prior to the poll's close. Jon Shafer, Kael, Solver and Nugog share a four-way tie for second.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    OooooooooooK.

Comment

and that only takes into account those who download from PolyCast's website but not e.g. iTunes.
                      Are you saying dl's from iTunes don't register? I'm a Polycast subscriber at iTunes, so it automatically downloads it whenever one is available. Surely there is a way for you to know the number of downloads there.
                      Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
                        Are you saying dl's from iTunes don't register?
                        Hmmmm... Your question prompted me to look into this again and do some more research. I'm now seeing conflicting reports, and I don't own an iPod myself. I'll get back to you.

Comment

On iTunes (Follow-Up)

Here's that follow-up I promised, Methos.

No, technically speaking iTunes does not 'host' the files in that you can explicitly upload and modify files directly to them. But they most definitely do cache them which for traffic purposes is almost the same thing: the first person who downloads them gets the full file directly from us through this service. However, iTunes then stores a copy of that file locally so the next time someone requests it they get it directly from there and not from us. Therefore, we only get traffic for the first hit making proper statistics logging from it impossible for us.

Is it true that the result of this cache process is only saved for a certain amount of time and there are some other caveats, but iTunes owner/operator Apple refuses to provide detailed info on this. As a result, there is no way to tell how much traffic we're really missing in tracking efforts.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up, as that's very interesting. Therefore your stats will fall short, as I'm guessing I'm not the only one to subscribe to the Polycast through iTunes.

iTunes auto checks for a new podcast and downloads it automatically. Makes it easier on forgetful me.

I'm betting they keep records of the number of downloads on their end. Too bad you couldn't request that in some way.

Anyone else here subscribe through iTunes like I do?
                            Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
                              Anyone else here subscribe through iTunes like I do?
                              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                              X