Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should 'Apolyton' and 'Community' be split into different forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike
    You've been admin here for 9 years and still haven't learnt that leaving this thread open is an invitation to do anything but.
    Hmmm... I was leaving it open mostly to demonstrate that not "all threads" in this forum get closed actually ("arbitrarily" at least).

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    I demand separate forums for plain Civ4, Civ4 Warlords and Civ4 Beyond the Sword.
    As Will9 alluded to, I don't believe our forum traffic justifies sub-forums for BtS or Warlords -- certainly not Warlords again, and not BtS yet anyway.

Not exactly the way to ask for something either, SR. You can do better.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Hmmm... I was leaving it open mostly to demonstrate that not "all threads" in this forum get closed actually ("arbitrarily" at least).
      You could probably pick a more sensible thread(s) to make such a demonstration.

He was being facetious given that his suggestion is where we started.

Comment

He was being facetious given that his suggestion is where we started.
        Yes, hence the "".
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Comment

Now children, the post not the posterior, or something like that.

See, this is what happens when threads in the community forum aren't closed based on the dark whims of the evil doer overlords, a community discussion!

Discussion on a message board. It's a good thing.

Discuss.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Given I really want it and am not just in the mood to spam. To be honest, it would indeed be silly given the low traffic.

Seriously, though, IMO the merger of the Civ4 Strategy forum into the General was a dreadful decision. By own decision I didn't contribute much to Civ4 strategy (unlike Civ3 where I was a regular), but at least I used to lurk there. Since the merger I have to dig through two dozens of threads like "Why is Hitler not included", "Why is this civ in and the other not", "My game crashes, please help", "The opening music is horrible", "I downloaded my copy and now I don't have a manual" and similar drivel to find one decent strategy thread.

Even when there is little traffic, to separate general discussions (troubleshooting, leader and civ discussions etc.) from strategy discussions still makes sense. Even more in the light of the Off-Topic area going the other way around and being split more and more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Given I really want it and am not just in the mood to spam. To be honest, it would indeed be silly given the low traffic.

Seriously, though, IMO the merger of the Civ4 Strategy forum into the General was a dreadful decision. By own decision I didn't contribute much to Civ4 strategy (unlike Civ3 where I was a regular), but at least I used to lurk there. Since the merger I have to dig through two dozens of threads like "Why is Hitler not included", "Why is this civ in and the other not", "My game crashes, please help", "The opening music is horrible", "I downloaded my copy and now I don't have a manual" and similar drivel to find one decent strategy thread.

Even when there is little traffic, to separate general discussions (troubleshooting, leader and civ discussions etc.) from strategy discussions still makes sense. Even more in the light of the Off-Topic area going the other way around and being split more and more.
                  Tbh, if you want good strategy discussions, then unfortunately you are better off going somewhere else entirely these days.

Comment

Tbh, if you want good strategy discussions, then unfortunately you are better off going somewhere else entirely these days.
                    As hard as it is to agree with you....

... but you are right.

Comment

OMG! We can't allow people to discuss such stuff! Close the thread! Delete it!

Actually we could get three forums out of it. 'Apolyton' '/' 'Community'

Discuss...

Comment

Is "/" a math forum? I don't want one of those.
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                          Is "/" a math forum? I don't want one of those.

Comment

DQ seems to be having more fun these days.

Comment

Yeah. You know, after he got rid of Markos...
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                                DQ seems to be having more fun these days.
                                Thanks.

That wouldn't be hard, of course...

Originally posted by Nikolai
                                Yeah. You know, after he got rid of Markos...
                                That's just...

Comment

Working...
                                X