PolyCast Episode 21: "Goody, Those Huts Are Mine"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 21: "Goody, Those Huts Are Mine"

Twenty plus one! That's the number of the latest PolyCast episode entitled "Goody, Those Huts Are Mine". The 'Interview' segment is revived as Gabriele "Rhye" Travoto answers questions on this "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" MOD found in the just released Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword. Following then in order of appearance are 'News', 'Modcast', 'Senate', 'Workshop' and 'Mailbag' segments.

Returning guest co-host Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland completes the core panel with regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua and Imran "Imran Siddiqui" Siddiqui. Total runtime is 59m:59s (28.7MB).

PolyCast is the official bi-weekly, one-hour podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) in an effort to give the Civ community now an interactive voice. ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    0.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (mediocre)
    16.67%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    0.00%
    7 (very good)
    16.67%
    8 (excellent)
    16.67%
    9 (superior)
    33.33%
    10 (perfect)
    16.67%
    Last edited by DanQ; July 27, 2007, 20:48.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

INTERVIEW [03m46s]
    Gabriele "Rhye" Travato answers questions on the adaptation of his public "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization" MOD for Civilization IV as it appears in the Beyond the Sword expansion.

NEWS (13m18s)
    CivRev-cast? An extensive exploration of Civilization: Revolution, the first console-specific Civ title, through a first look, preview, demo and interview. Then it's back to BtS by taking a gander at its non-historical scenarios and the accelerated move of ACS to the "Settler IV" server.

MODCAST (37m09s)
    Are goody huts fact or fiction [CFC], feelings on the attack and defense balance in CivIV [CFC], and the link between Civ and players' interest in history [CFC].

SENATE (49m04s)
    Six choices, but only one may be built first in CivIV [CFC], and the best or at least better way of creating Great People in the game [CFC].

WORKSHOP (55m27s)
    A brief overview of an overhaul of the CCCP MOD for CivIV, BtS-style.

MAILBAG (56m51s)
    Examining the buzz on series episodes nineteen here and abroad [CFC], and the same for twenty [CFC].
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

My mod is for Warlords and since Dan and Imran now play on Noble ( ), there is no need for a BTS one.

I'm with Dan, that was hard to type, on not building Workers first. I prefer to get some units to go out and get goody huts. Also, I don't want to build a worker until my city has developed some.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
        My mod is for Warlords and since Dan and Imran now play on Noble ( ), there is no need for a BTS one.

I'm with Dan, that was hard to type[...]

on not building Workers first. I prefer to get some units to go out and get goody huts. Also, I don't want to build a worker until my city has developed some.

Speaking of things being hard to type...

Comment

.....continued from CFC

I've been listening to these polycasts since 18 and I have to say, no matter who the person, whether typical poster, mod, or site owner, all pc gamers are still the same. If there are multiple males and one female together, they just can't help themselves, they just have to strut!
          Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Isn't it Imran making most of those jokes?
            Last edited by Will9; August 3, 2007, 13:22.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
              I've been listening to these polycasts since 18 and I have to say, no matter who the person, whether typical poster, mod, or site owner, all pc gamers are still the same. If there are multiple males and one female together, they just can't help themselves, they just have to strut!

Comment

Working...
              X