Having Trouble Staying Logged In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Trouble Staying Logged In

Just in the last week or so I have had some issues staying logged in here at 'poly. I'll log in, go to look at a thread and be logged out by the time I get there.

I never used to have this problem. I used to be logged in all the time, I never had to worry about it. I don't think I"ve changed any of my cookie settings, it looks like they are all still there and working.

So what is going on?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

I got a spam email from an "online pharmacy" with almost exactly the same subject line.
    Last edited by LordShiva; July 5, 2007, 11:47.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I've had the same problem at CFC, but never here.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
        I got a spam email from an "online pharmacy" with almost exactly the same subject line.
        *sigh* You're much quicker on the draw than I am.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

There's still plenty in Ozzy's post that you can latch on to.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

That was an incorrect response. I was totally going to own goal your ass.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oh.

Someone please explain the own goal thing, BTW.

Comment

Back on topic!

I've had this happen before as well, but not recently. It seems pretty random.

Comment

The only time it happens to me are when someone links to www.apolyton.com or www.apolyton.net or some other alias (which has its own cookies and thus you have to relog in on that alias). Logging on to the other aliases once will fix that, though.

Is it possible something's resetting your cookies? Did you change browsers or possibly change settings [or start aggressively using Spybot or somesuch]?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Oh.

Someone please explain the own goal thing, BTW.
                    Own Goal = when a soccer player on defense accidentally heads it or less often kicks it into his own goal, scoring one for the other side.

In the Forums, it refers to saying something that you think is clever, but someone is able to turn it around on you.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hehe.

Comment

Comment

As for my connectile dysfunction problem, I don't have any problems here at the office but just at home. And I don't have any issues with other sites either.

I use Firefox.

I checked the list of cookies and it says I have a whole bunch of cookies for Apolyton. So I don't understand why they aren't working.

Should I clear them all out and hope that I can reestablish them to fix the problem? Any other ideas? I can hardly post here at all when I'm at home.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            Should I clear them all out and hope that I can reestablish them to fix the problem?
                            Yes -- try clearing your cache/cookies and see if that helps any.

What version of FF are you running? Did you upgrade your version recently?
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Yea, I did. But again, none of my other sites were affected.

Comment

Working...
                              X