"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
      DanQ wants to erase some of the people from HOF

You would read it that way...
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Possibly to make room for the children still living at home, who have not forsaken Poly for some real world cheap experience

/me waits patiently to be called into "The Hallowed Halls"
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well I was thinking that HOF will soon need a HOF of it's own

Comment

great idea

we should vote people out, once a year

Comment

Congratulations to Shanky Burns and to Aeson!!

And to DC
              You credited me with input on the compilation honoring SlowThinker but you didn't mention how much you edited what I wrote. That's your prerogative I suppose but you chopped it down so much that it leaves a false impression. Slow did not create the Civ2 Great Library--in case anyone misunderstood, that was an undertaking by the Scouse Gits--however, he did rescue it after the boards changed servers and the GL was lost. We owe a lot to his efforts in that regard.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Sorry, in that case I will have removed your name from the credits in the hall's next iterations.

On the other issue, I don't think we need to fear people misinterpreting the the writeup it. It says "maintainer" which does not imply creation. And SG is clearly credited with GL creation elsewhere in the writeups.

Best wishes and thanks again to all who voted,
                DC
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  Sorry, in that case I will have removed your name from the credits in the hall's next iterations.
                  I did not ask that you remove my name. Do you think that might be a tad over-reacting??

On the other issue, I don't think we need to fear people misinterpreting the the writeup it. It says "maintainer" which does not imply creation. And SG is clearly credited with GL creation elsewhere in the writeups.
                  DC
                  Today that is probably true. Today. How about in ten years?? The vast majority of folk coming here in ten years will have never played, or seen, Civ2. And if they become curious, and if they can find a disk, there will be no computer O/S that will run the game. The GL reference could easily be misconstrued. Should ST's writeup be so shortened that the reader will have to somehow "get" the relation to the writeup for the Gits?? And why, in a virtual HOF writeup, should brevity be a virtue?? It's not like it won't fit on the bronze plaque.

Believe me, I'm not picking a fight. That's not who I am. Whatever you decide is fine. I just ask that you consider the long view.

And thanks for all you do for our community.

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                  X