Downtime Report: June 2nd, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtime Report: June 2nd, 2007

Sixteen minutes past midnight on June 2 (EDT), Apolyton Civilization Site's (ACS) server stopped responding to HTTP-requests. The server itself remained online, but the database lost track of some open connections and entered an unusable state.

At 2:08AM EDT the server was again responding to HTTP requests. The non-forum database were accessible again shortly afterwards. However, the post table had to be repaired and the forums were closed for the process. No data was lost, and the table was fully repaired at 4:22AM EDT. The extended downtime from this point was for additional server maintenance.

At 4:57AM EDT the database was taken down for doing a full backup which finished at 6:14AM EDT when the operation returned to normal. The total downtime then was about 6 hours.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

How does it fare in comparison to other downtimes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      In what respect(s)?
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
        well it continued the tradition of apolyton crashing on weekends, particularly when i'm about to travel (or i have already left)

luckily gramphos was around and saved the day
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          well it continued the tradition of apolyton crashing on weekends, particularly when i'm about to travel (or i have already left)
          Indeed...

luckily gramphos was around and saved the day
          Indeed. to Gramphos!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            And when Americans are asleep.
            USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
            The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

And when Americans are asleep.
              And when the Kiwi's and Aussies are in full 'Poly mode.......

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Well done Gramphos - you fixed it (well almost) just in time for my post-breakfast visit.

Comment

I didn't even register there had been a downtime.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I nearly killed myself when apolyton wouldn't respond. gramphos.

Comment

It was down 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know what Lucutus told you, but...
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

yeah thanks Gramphos
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yeah whatever

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            It was down 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know what Lucutus told you, but...

If you're being humourous, than

Comment

Evidently I'm NOT being.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X