Civgroup member count updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civgroup member count updates?

Do they update on some regular basis or whenever someone joins/is accepted?

If it is the latter, there might be a problem.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

The latter.

Can you be more specific as to what you believe the nature of the problem is? I have not noticed any issue in its member counting.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

The member count includes any members who have applied to join the group, not only members who were accepted. The count should update dynamically, either up or down. Is the problem just that it includes unaccepted members, or is there something else?
      Last edited by snoopy369; May 30, 2007, 20:53.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Maybe it's because some members show in the list while not being accepted in the team?
        I was reviewing Vox and Banana team lists (C4MPDG) and saw that Banana had 16 people on the list while it indicated 15 members.

The member count includes any members who have applied to join the group, not only members who were accepted.
        It looks like the count includes only accepted members, while applicants are shown on the list creating a bit of inconsistency between the two.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Yes, it would be helpful if "applicants not accepted" would not appear on the members list. This has caused me a bit of confusion in the past as players have applied at more than one team in DGs.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Ask gramphos why that is... I don't know to be honest

Comment

Why would I know that. Most of the final steps of the forum integration with the civgroups were done by Markos, and he probably got a parameter wrong somewhere, or I wrote that particular query, and didn't think about that, since I didn't do the testing.

I'll add investigating this to my todo-list.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Because we blame everything on you Gramphos

Seriously, it's because you're the only one I know that seems to know how to fix these things

Comment

Working...
                X