How to Remove Email Notifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove Email Notifications?

I can't seem to get the email notifications to stop. I went into my Options and turned email notifications off, but that didn't work. I unsuscribed from the thread and than subscribed to it again, and still get the emails. Is there something I'm missing?

Since the thread in question was the April Fools thread, I got quite a few emails.
    Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

lol CFC n00b signed up with his real email LOL
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Comment

Control Panel > Edit Options

Comment

Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Originally posted by Methos from CFC
          I can't seem to get the email notifications to stop. I went into my Options and turned email notifications off, but that didn't work. I unsuscribed from the thread and than subscribed to it again, and still get the emails. Is there something I'm missing?

Since the thread in question was the April Fools thread, I got quite a few emails.
          turning the notifications off and then unsubscribing to the threads should have worked. You said you unsubscribed then subscribed again? Why did you do that. Just unsubscribe.

I had to figure out how to turn the notifcations off over there. Luckily I did it before I posted in that 700+ post thread. . Probably over 800 by now...

Comment

Actually, I was only lying to you. There is NO way to make the emails stop from being sent to you. I'm sorry.

Comment

Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Originally posted by Dis
              turning the notifications off and then unsubscribing to the threads should have worked. You said you unsubscribed then subscribed again? Why did you do that. Just unsubscribe.
              I'm used to the UserCP at CFC, where you have to be subscribed in order to view the threads in what you call the Control Panel.

I had to figure out how to turn the notifcations off over there. Luckily I did it before I posted in that 700+ post thread. . Probably over 800 by now...
              That would have been bad. I do recall a poster there stating they did have the email subscription setup.

This thread isn't receiving any email notifications, but the April Fool's one still is. Granted, I'm not seeing this thread in my Control Panel either.

Is there a way here at Poly to subscribe to a thread so that you can see it in your Control Panel and not get the email notifications? That's how its setup at CFC.

Speaking of your CP, the button to go to the first unread post doesn't work.

Thanks Dis!
              Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

This thread isn't receiving any email notifications, but the April Fool's one still is. Granted, I'm not seeing this thread in my Control Panel either.
                Oh you will...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Is there a way here at Poly to subscribe to a thread so that you can see it in your Control Panel and not get the email notifications? That's how its setup at CFC.
                  No, not presently. However, with the 'my threads' feature you can follow any thread you've posted in, more or less the same thing.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Originally posted by Locutus
                    No, not presently. However, with the 'my threads' feature you can follow any thread you've posted in, more or less the same thing.
                    IMHO the 'my threads' feature is useless, often I want to follow a thread where I haven't posted in, and often I get tired of threads after having posted in it

I have just set a filter on my email account to automatically delete all emails I get from Apolyton where the subject contains "Reply to post"
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I just noticed I forgot to unsubscribe to some threads over at CFC. I didn't notice till now since I only check my yahoo account like every 3 or 4 weeks. .

I have like 400 emails I need to clean up. .

But I don't have any notifications from the new threads (after I changed my options).

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Originally posted by Locutus

okay, stupid question. Where is the "my threads" link? I was looking all over for it the other day.

edit: disregard. I was thinking of something else. I thought there was a way to find out every post a poster has made. Is there no way to do this?

Comment

Why would one want to remove the e-mail notification? Be glad that you get some mail! There are many people who die to get some e-mail! They open their inbox everyday and close it while tears run down from their eyes! They don't even get spam!

Imagine how that would be! An empty mailbox! Scary!
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                            Why would one want to remove the e-mail notification? Be glad that you get some mail! There are many people who die to get some e-mail! They open their inbox everyday and close it while tears run down from their eyes! They don't even get spam!

Imagine how that would be! An empty mailbox! Scary!
                            Just give me their email address and I'll forward all my mails from Apolyton to them
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to Remove Email Notifications?

Originally posted by Adagio

IMHO the 'my threads' feature is useless, often I want to follow a thread where I haven't posted in, and often I get tired of threads after having posted in it

I have just set a filter on my email account to automatically delete all emails I get from Apolyton where the subject contains "Reply to post"
                              i use the 'my threads' feature every time i come here. then after i've read the new posts in those threads i go to the OT to find more threads to spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X