Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't you helping to cure cancer/HIV/etc? You can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't you helping to cure cancer/HIV/etc? You can.

I see my fellow polytubbys are SLACKING!

We have a worldcommunitygrid.org team: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...Id=635XNJBR9N1

Download and install this program, then join the Poly team.

The project is now much more mature since the last time I advertised for this.

Here's the current projects you can participate in. By default, it's all of them, but you can opt out of any of them:

FightAIDS@Home (Launched November 21, 2005)
    FightAIDS@Home is a project focused on using computation methods to identify candidate drugs that have the right shape and chemical characteristics to block HIV protease. This approach is called "Structure-Based Drug Design", and according to the National Institute of General Medical Sciences, it has already had a dramatic effect on the lives of people living with AIDS. Read More.

Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2 (Launched June 23, 2006)
    Human Proteome Folding Phase 2 (HPF2) continues where the first phase left off. The two main objectives of the project are to: 1) obtain higher resolution structures for specific human proteins and pathogen proteins and 2) further explore the limits of protein structure prediction by further developing Rosetta software structure prediction. Read More.

Help Defeat Cancer (Launched July 20, 2006)
    World Community Grid and The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Rutgers University and UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School will be examining Tissue Microarrays to determine how to improve the treatment of cancer with earlier and more targeted diagnostic tools.
    Read More.

Fiocruz Genome Comparison (Launched November 21, 2006)
    World Community Grid and the Oswaldo Cruz Institute, Fiocruz, will be comparing genomic information to improve the quality and interpretation of biological data and our understanding of biological systems, host-pathogen and environmental interactions. This information can play a critical role in the development of better drugs and vaccines, and improved diagnostic procedures. Read More.

Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy (Launched December 19, 2006)
    World Community Grid and researchers supported by Decrypthon, a partnership between AFM (French Muscular Dystrophy Association), CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) and IBM are investigating protein-protein interactions for 40,000 proteins whose structures are known, with particular focus on those proteins that play a role in neuromuscular diseases. The database of information produced will help researchers design molecules to inhibit or enhance binding of particular macromolecules, hopefully leading to better treatments for muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases. Read More.

Download and join the Apolyton team today!
    Last edited by Asher; March 29, 2007, 13:12.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

bump
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

despite all appearances, i am a heartless bastard, and a bad, bad man. that's why.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
      X