Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heresson
    No, Will9 is right
    Ultimately, Will9 doesn't make the decision.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

You're right, I do
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
        I'm curious, how many people actually listen to PolyCast? Do you have any statistics on listenership?
        It's impossible to get accurate statistics on podcasts due to the way the technology works, but it's fair to say a pretty decent (and growing) portion of our community
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

There's no way to count the number of downloads?
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

No Or rather, we can't count all of them. Services like iTunes cache them on their own servers, as do some ISPs -- so we get exactly 1 hit from them regardless of whether zero or a million people are downloading. And then there's the fact that even now lots of people are still downloading the first couple of episodes (probably had more downloads for eps 1-5 in the last 2 months and in the first weeks after their release), so the numbers are going up every day. Either way, you should be thinking in the hundreds at least -- which is a respectable part of our community considering only about 500 people post at least once a week (see the 90k thread)... Of course, we get more and more listeners from CFC and other sites as well -- it's good to be a monopoly
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

You're right, I do

Heresson must be my DL then.  

Originally posted by Locutus
              No Or rather, we can't count all of them.
              Indeed -- sad but true.

Either way, you should be thinking in the hundreds at least -- which is a respectable part of our community considering only about 500 people post at least once a week (see the 90k thread)... Of course, we get more and more listeners from CFC and other sites as well -- it's good to be a monopoly
              A monopoly, you say... perhaps we can get the show bundled with future Civ titles then.
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Heresson must be my DL then.  
                No... You're mine
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Okay, I take it you don't agree the OTF is then. Which is my major problem.

It's just spam...no one in OTF cares.
                  Your problem is that PolyCast threads are spam in the Off Topic? You are *****ing about SPAM?! Where do you think you are? Is this the first week you've posted in the Off Topic?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Your problem is that PolyCast threads are spam in the Off Topic?
                    Must it's because he didn't post the threads himself.

No... You're mine
                    That would be truly .

Comment

He has a point, though. Do we really need the announcement and the locked, topped thread?
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                        He has a point, though. Do we really need the announcement and the locked, topped thread?
                        Maybe, maybe not, but it's my prerogative. That settles that part of the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Must it's because he didn't post the threads himself.

That would be truly .
                          Indeed... You'd have to be banned...
                          Middle East!

Comment

Ban Dan
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Sounds like something you wear on your head
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                                Sounds like something you wear on your head

All right -- time for this thread to return to being on-topic. Away we go (fair warning).

Comment

Working...
                                X