Ignore list problems (seriously!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore list problems (seriously!)

Alright, so I have Winston on ignore so that I don't have to see his excessive whining about various subjects, but when I click an internal link to some other thread, it "logs me out" in a sense and thus he ("he" referring to Winston, obviously) is no longer being ignored

The following thread led me to this discovery:
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Very funny .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Sounds like two problems in one
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Do you regularily log in on www.apolyton.net, or on an apolyton.com?

If so, when you follow a link to apolyton.net, the server doesn't know who you are until you log in on apolyton.net. Do so, enable cookies, and the apolyton.net server will recognize you (and keep your settings) next time you'll follow an internal link.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Thank you Spiffor for actually helping me.
          Thank you Solver for doing nothing

Comment

I did nothing too, I should also be thanked.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You didn't do enough of nothing.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What, you have Winston on ignore too? We should immediately create a "Who of you has Winston on ignore?" club thread!

Comment

Well, Winston was just being so annoying, with his constant whining about teh OT and whatnot...Why shouldn't I be able to always block out Winston's posts?

Of course, I can't be coy that I blocked Winston (that is, I put the poster Winston on my Ignore List) because then Solver wouldn't have the maximum information required to help track down this problem. Perhaps having Winston on ignore broke the code somehow? If I don't tell him this, nothing will get done!

but its fixed now

Comment

Pretty unsubtle, but I laughed anyway.

Comment

Hmm....for some reason, I can't read Tacc's post. I have checked my ignore list, and indeed Tacc is on there. Is that working as intended? Meaning, that if I put Tacc on my ignore list, then I wont be able to read what Tacc is posting.

If so, that is actually a pretty cool feature, and one that I would endorse, if for nothing else then just for being without Tacc's posts

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Not so funny that time.

Comment

Asmodean FAILS

Comment

Re: Ignore list problems (seriously!)

Originally posted by Tacc
                            Alright, so I have Winston on ignore...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I don't put Winston on ignore. It reminds me of how things could go so badly downhill in life, and that makes me grateful
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X