PolyCast Episode 08: "Go Figure"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 08: "Go Figure"

The eighth episode of Apolyton Civilization Site`s (ACS) official podcast is now available for listening on-demand. Known segments 'News', 'Modcast' and 'Senate' are joined by 'Mailbag' in "Go Figure". Co-hosted by Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Imran Siddiqui, Makahlua and guest Sava, total runtime is 58m17s (26.63MB).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly, roughly one-hour production in an effort to give the Civilization community now an interactive voice. Contributing greatly to the show`s interactive capability are means to call-in via Skype, telephone and email the co-hosts your questions or comments about Civ the game, community, or the show and Apolyton itself.

ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    40.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (medicore)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    0.00%
    7 (very good)
    0.00%
    8 (excellent)
    0.00%
    9 (superior)
    0.00%
    10 (perfect)
    60.00%
    Last edited by DanQ; April 11, 2007, 23:05.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

NEWS (04m24s)
    Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords goes gold; live performance of Baba Yetu available for viewing and Infogrames' corporate restructuring moving in a positive direction.

MODCAST (20m44s)
    Bribery and Artificial Intelligence (AI) with Civilization IV at its centre.

SENATE (23m24s)
    The co-hosts' favourite economic civic with a brief look back at its government, legal and labour cousins; to raze or not to raze captured cities; a new diplomatic option "very much required"; nuclear versus coal power plants and the place of the Three Gorges Dam; prioritizing railroads or factories.

MAILBAG (51m18s)
    Co-hosts respond to a listener's feedback about Episode 07.
    Last edited by DanQ; March 23, 2007, 20:47.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Um... *cough*. Co-hosted by whom?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Um... *cough*. Co-hosted by whom?
        Whoops! This is what you get for missing the previous show...

Corrected.

Comment

Though I hope we didn't crowd poor Sava out, talking as much as we do during the recordings .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Though I hope we didn't crowd poor Sava out, talking as much as we do during the recordings .

I think he gave as good as he got. Sava?

Comment

Hey I got mentioned

Ok feedback on your questions Civics having different effects at different Era/Tech levels hasn't been done yet to my knowledge, it would be moderately difficult to do, probably encasing the additional effects into a tag. By different leaders I assume would recommend keying off of Traits with a similar kind of Bonus method

Removing Nuclear meltdown with a technology also hasn't been done but would be very easy to implement, I'll see if I cant whip it up for ya
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                Hey I got mentioned

Ok feedback on your questions Civics having different effects at different Era/Tech levels hasn't been done yet to my knowledge, it would be moderately difficult to do, probably encasing the additional effects into a tag. By different leaders I assume would recommend keying off of Traits with a similar kind of Bonus method
                Anyone up for modding it out there?

Removing Nuclear meltdown with a technology also hasn't been done but would be very easy to implement, I'll see if I cant whip it up for ya
                Shiny.

Glad you enjoyed the show ( I presume ).

Comment

No, it was Asher who gave it a 10 .

Comment

No, it was Asher who gave it a 10 .
                    Who?

Comment

Here's your Shiny, a melt down prevention mod, if the player acquires any Tech with the new tag all Meltdowns will be prevented for them, Fusion has been so moded but any tech or combination of them could receive it. Includes playable WL mod and Source forked from WL2.08, total time consumed 30 minutes

Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; February 15, 2007, 02:21.
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                        Here's your Shiny,

a melt down prevention mod, if the player acquires any Tech with the new tag all Meltdowns will be prevented for them, Fusion has been so moded but any tech or combination of them could receive it. Includes playable WL mod and Source forked from WL2.08, total time consumed 30 minutes

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...NoMeltDown.zip

Comment

(I need more help on pre-Settler )

Comment

(I need more help on pre-Settler )
                            Was there ever any doubt?

Comment

Working...
                            X