PolyCast Episode 06: "Happy New Civving"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    I'm enjoying these quite a lot and want you guys to keep it up, the witty banter is just right. I would recomend a but more in-depth strategy, pehaps bring in guests who are Emperor level players to give their advise in a particular area, idealy even get some of them to debate each other.
    I'll second Imran's response for the most part -- to be most accurate: I like this idea. Imran, this "actually" qualification... you were surprised? Tisk, tisk. We'll see what we can do.

For the record, I'm ~50/50 on Chieftain and Warlord.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
      Ok, I didn´t listen to the whole show. Just bits and pieces, but what I heard sounded ok, contents wise. I'll give that a 6
      Out of curiosity were you listening to specific segments then, e.g. making use of the content summary provided? If so, which ones?

The sound quality on the mp3 is appalling though. I'll give that a 1, 'cause it's really annoying. You should really use better microphones and a muffler that takes away the huffs and puffs of exhaling. [..]
      Ah -- the huffs and puffs issue. I believe that has improved for all of us since we started, but yes it's still present and it's too much still. I believe I have a solution to suggest (to myself included ). (Would be effective Episode 08.)

You got the banter down and you cover interesting subjects. If you only get the sound quality up you might have a hit show on your hands Overall I rate this average. It has great potential
      Your and Impaler[WrG]'s comments -- noting what you like, dislike and suggestions for improvement -- are exactly what we are looking for on an ongoing basis from listeners; just as importantly, you both communicated them in a supportive and constructive way.

Thank you kindly.
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Out of curiosity were you listening to specific segments then, e.g. making use of the content summary provided? If so, which ones?
        I listened to the intro and then I jumped to the civics discussion and the "Yin-eats-cardboard" thing. It's hard to find the separate segments though. Maybe list the segment times to facilitate easier acess to separate segments?
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Another thought that struck me is that you and Imran have a real Beavis and Butthead thing going. I almost waited for someone to say "hehehe, you said boobs, hehehe"

Comment

IMRAN IS SO ANNOYING

GET HIM OFF THE SHOW AND BAN HIM

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              IMRAN IS SO ANNOYING

No.
              Imran is under my protection.

Ban DanQ if you like, though.
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I listened to the intro and then I jumped to the civics discussion and the "Yin-eats-cardboard" thing.
                Ah.

It's hard to find the separate segments though.
                That's what the musical interludes are for.

Maybe list the segment times to facilitate easier acess to separate segments?
                Hmmm... I may just take you up on the suggestion. If someone would like to volunteer to do this with Episodes 1-6 plus the pilot, please post them in the appropriate threads.

Comment

Another thought that struck me is that you and Imran have a real Beavis and Butthead thing going. I almost waited for someone to say "hehehe, you said boobs, hehehe"
                  Who's which?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    IMRAN IS SO ANNOYING

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
                      Good to know you haven't changed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
                        No.
                        Imran is under my protection.

I got Tacc protection. I'm on easy street .

[q=Zoid]Another thought that struck me is that you and Imran have a real Beavis and Butthead thing going. I almost waited for someone to say "hehehe, you said boobs, hehehe" [/q]

DAN!! I so have a new idea for the next show!!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            DAN!! I so have a new idea for the next show!!
                            Well, what doesn't bring us a lawsuit...

Comment

It's parody, so we're in the clear .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                It's parody, so we're in the clear .

Comment

Working...
                                X