PolyCast Episode 06: "Happy New Civving"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 06: "Happy New Civving"

The first episode of Apolyton Civilization Site`s (ACS) official podcast produced in 2007 is now available for listening on-demand. Standard segments "News", "Modcast" and "Interview" are joined by the "Senate" and "Time Machine" in "Happy New Civving". The "Interview" segment features the second of a two-part chat with Civilization II scenario designer curtsibling to discuss his involvement in the CivII community past and present. Total runtime is 69m23s (33.3MB).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly, roughly one-hour production in an effort to give the Civilization community now an interactive voice. Contributing greatly to the show`s interactive capability are means to call-in via Skype, telephone and email the co-hosts your questions or comments about Civ the game, community, or the show and Apolyton itself.

ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.
    1 (atrocious)
    25.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (mediocre)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    25.00%
    6 (good)
    12.50%
    7 (very good)
    0.00%
    8 (excellent)
    12.50%
    9 (superior)
    12.50%
    10 (perfect)
    12.50%
    Last edited by DanQ; April 11, 2007, 23:07.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

NEWS (03m26s)
    [Forthcoming]

MODCAST (24m10s)
    The division of oil and other resources in Civilization with an emphasis on IV.

SENATE (32m13s)
    The legal civic of choice and the formula for assured wars in CivIV.

TIME MACHINE (44m45s)
    The now well-recognized cardboard eating documentary of a CivIV box.

INTERVIEW (48m41s)
    LOCUTUS and DANQ finish their two-part conversation with Civilization II scenario designer curtsibling to discuss his involvement in the CivII community past and present.
    Last edited by DanQ; March 23, 2007, 20:33.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Dear Imran,

Tacc != Tack.

Thank you.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

lol Tacky LOL
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

MAKE IT STOP!!!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So Asher, now that Markos no longer owns the site, you're scratching your itch by going against the new administration ?
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              MAKE IT STOP!!!
              If we ever needed an incentive to keep going...

Comment

Can you stop spamming all of the forums? No one cares...the people that do care make it, so I'm sure they know when it's out.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No one cares...
                  Speak for yourself.

Questions/comments from anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Tacc
                    Dear Imran,

Tacc != Tack.

Thank you.
                    I wasn't provided with a pronunciation guide .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                      Speak for yourself.
                      Of the four people who voted, 1 gave it a 10 (you), 2 gave it a 1, and 1 gave it a 5.

Out of how many potential listeners?

Comment

Of the four people who voted, 1 gave it a 10 (you), 2 gave it a 1, and 1 gave it a 5.

Out of how many potential listeners?
                        Technically anyone who has Internet access is a potential listener , and more realistically that's anyone who visits Apolyton. That said, this particular episode has been downloaded 30 times to date; assuming that all those who voted have indeed listened to the episode , that's not a statistically significant percentage. Besides people are -- generally speaking -- better at expressing their displeasure then their pleasure.

Now go bother someone else.

Comment

I'm enjoying these quite a lot and want you guys to keep it up, the witty banter is just right. I would recomend a but more in-depth strategy, pehaps bring in guests who are Emperor level players to give their advise in a particular area, idealy even get some of them to debate each other.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Ok, I didn´t listen to the whole show. Just bits and pieces, but what I heard sounded ok, contents wise. I'll give that a 6 The sound quality on the mp3 is appalling though. I'll give that a 1, 'cause it's really annoying. You should really use better microphones and a muffler that takes away the huffs and puffs of exhaling. You got the banter down and you cover interesting subjects. If you only get the sound quality up you might have a hit show on your hands

Overall I rate this average. It has great potential
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                              I'm enjoying these quite a lot and want you guys to keep it up, the witty banter is just right. I would recomend a but more in-depth strategy, pehaps bring in guests who are Emperor level players to give their advise in a particular area, idealy even get some of them to debate each other.
                              I actually like this idea... maybe a segment involving two high level players taking opposite sides of a certain strategy. I think it comes across that most of us (us being PolyCast hosts) aren't 'high level' players. (for example, Dan plays on pre-Settler )
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X