Where do the quotes come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the quotes come from?

I'm talking about the quotes that come up after you post something. some of them are quite good. I like this one.

Worst Response To A Crisis, 1985:
    From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved
    in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs
    damage my videotapes?"

Re: Where do the quotes come from?

Originally posted by Dis
    I'm talking about the quotes that come up after you post something. some of them are quite good. I like this one.

I found this and a few others could be traced

HERE .

It seems kinda like an Abyss, although it is so deep and wide and cavernous, no telling where exactly the questions originate from
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think there also was a "Suggest your own quotes to put on the wait screen" thread a while back on this very forum. I've never seen any of my valuable contributions however.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
        I think there also was a "Suggest your own quotes to put on the wait screen" thread a while back on this very forum. I've never seen any of my valuable contributions however.
        I understand my Friend, for instance, I could see you using

Tech..they REAL Jaw-juh school
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It's true.

XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

As far as I know, there isn't really any one authoritative place to get a BSD fortune cookie collection from. Each OS that ships it tends to take care of their own cookies. Therefore, the source for the cookies that Apolyton shows is probably Red Hat, or whoever.

Of course, what they *should* be showing is stuff from http://www.warehouse23.com/basement/ .
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I haven't looked at one of those quotes in ages. That one is pretty funny though.

Comment

Working...
              X