This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    This is an American English based forum, so no.
    Actually, it's not. We use proper English on this site (E.g. News Centre instead of 'News Center')

That said, sport = noun, sports = adjective (e.g. sports bar, sports car, sports network, sportsman, etc), both in proper and misspelled English So Sports Forum is the correct term.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Adjective, schmadjective!

The name of the forum is dependent upon the topic being talked about within. In the History Forum it's history, in the Sport Forum, it's sport. I don't see any reason to complicate matters beyond that.

Or you could just drop the whole thing and merge the sport threads back into the OT, since it seems to be garnering so much controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

That said, sport = noun, sports = adjective (e.g. sports bar, sports car, sports network, sportsman, etc), both in proper and misspelled English So Sports Forum is the correct term.
        Alas I have to agree with LordShiva. In the context of this (albeit somewhat pointless) debate it would be "sport forum"

I think we should have also have a grammar nazi forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          Alas I have to agree with LordShiva. In the context of this (albeit somewhat pointless) debate it would be "sport forum"
          You'd be agreeing with Winston there; I don't care whether it's "Sport" or "Sports," I just want the "Forum" nomenclature made consistent
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Now this is what I see on the Miscellaneous forum listing:

Off-Topic
            Sub-forums: History Forum, Sports Forum

But it's still listen as "History Forum" and "Sports" in the Off-Topic forum.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              I just want the "Forum" nomenclature made consistent
              Aye, and having to argue that point is even more ridiculous than the debate I'm having!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                LordShiva has a point, can we rename it to Apolyton Civilization Fora?

I don't know why, but I just hate the word "fora". Ugh. Just typing it makes me cringe.

Nothing personal. Just throwing it out there. Not that anybody cares
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Now this is what I see on the Miscellaneous forum listing:

Off-Topic
                  Sub-forums: History Forum, Sports Forum

But it's still listen as "History Forum" and "Sports" in the Off-Topic forum.
                  It's fixed now

Comment

Case closed?
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

Case closed?
                      One can only hope............
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Nah, it will drag on till it's closed.

Comment

and drag on...and drag on...and drag on...
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Its like the Energizer Bunny
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It's fixed now
                              You're welcome.

Originally posted by vovan

Case closed?
                              Indeed!

Thread closed too.
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                              X