PolyCast Episode 05: "Yuletide Spirit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 05: "Yuletide Spirit"

Apolyton Civilization Site`s (ACS) official podcast is now publishing its fifth episode. PolyCast is a bi-weekly, roughly one-hour production in an effort to give the Civilization community now an interactive voice.

Standard segments "News", "Modcast" and "Interview" are joined bsy the "Senate" in "Yuletide Spirit", now available for download in MP3 format at 64kbps quality. Total runtime is 68m54s (31.5MB). Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Wouter "Locutus" Snijders are joined by the show's first guest co-host, William "Drogue" Brambley. The "Interview" segment features the first in a two-part chat with Civilization II scenario designer curtsibling to discuss his involvement in the CivII community past and present.

Contributing greatly to the show`s interactive capability are means to call-in via Skype, telephone and email the co-hosts your questions or comments about Civ the game, community, or the show and Apolyton itself.

ACS is the first and to date only known Civ fansite to produce its own podcast.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    1 (atrocious)
    14.29%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (mediocre)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    14.29%
    6 (good)
    28.57%
    7 (very good)
    0.00%
    8 (excellent)
    28.57%
    9 (superior)
    0.00%
    10 (perfect)
    14.29%
    Last edited by DanQ; April 11, 2007, 23:10.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

It's a bit late to listen to now, so I'll have to check it tomorrow. Having witnessed my ramblings at the time, I remain intrigued as to the magic Dan's editing may have had...
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
      Having witnessed my ramblings at the time, I remain intrigued as to the magic Dan's editing may have had...

You can come back.

---------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Just wanted to say you did a splendid job. I've sent the link to this to my family and friends and we all have enjoyed such a professional production over such a long episode. My mother compares your voice to that of John Goodman, which is, of course, a tremendous compliment.

The only advice I can give is these episodes are not long enough. Perhaps an hour or two per session with more dialogue would be appreciated. Also, the intro music is not long enough.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why, thank you Asher.

Now, who voted this episode a 1? Shame on you.

---------
          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Why would anyone do such a thing? I would vote a 10, but it seems that I've already voted.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Why would anyone do such a thing?
              Indeed!

I would vote a 10, but it seems that I've already voted.
              Seeing as how there's only one 10 vote at this time, knowing that's what I voted and only two votes total... *gasp*!

---------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Btw, on you for not knowing what Castlevania was. Though I agree it shouldn't be above Civ, it should be known to all of ya!!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Btw, on you for not knowing what Castlevania was. Though I agree it shouldn't be above Civ, it should be known to all of ya!!
                  So you know about Castlevania, but not Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords? Double !

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Yeah, Castlevania is a classic . Dread Lords is... ur.. something invovling Galactic Civilizations II.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Castlevania is cool!

Looking forward to listening to this and having a laugh at my own blethering in the interview!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, Castlevania is a classic . Dread Lords is... ur.. something invovling Galactic Civilizations II.
                        I had no clue what Castlevania is until I googled for it.
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yeah, Castlevania is a classic .
                          Classic what is the question...

Originally posted by curtsibling
                          Castlevania is cool!
                          I forgive you.

Looking forward to listening to this and having a laugh at my own blethering in the interview!
                          You wanted me to leave your blathering in? Opps!

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                            I had no clue what Castlevania is until I googled for it.
                            Similarly, I "Wikipediaed" it.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              Just wanted to say you did a splendid job. I've sent the link to this to my family and friends and we all have enjoyed such a professional production over such a long episode. My mother compares your voice to that of John Goodman, which is, of course, a tremendous compliment.

The only advice I can give is these episodes are not long enough. Perhaps an hour or two per session with more dialogue would be appreciated. Also, the intro music is not long enough.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                              X