Open new window in TABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open new window in TABS

Can we please have the "Go(N)" button changed so it opens the new window in a tab, not a full new window.

With IE7 and Firefox, everyone is getting seriously into tabs. So much better, so much easier, so much better for your PC.

Dale

We made some small changes to the forum headers when the Transition was announced but we're not doing more of that for now. We're working on something more comprehensive which will indeed include the option to open news items in a new tab. That'll take some time to develop though, so please bear with us.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Okay, I'll give you two days.

Comment

Dale, set Firefox up to open links that want to open a window in tabs anyway .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

ACtually, that doesn't work properly, ie the Go(n) button ALWAYS opens in a new window. If I open (new) with a link that requests a new window normally, it goes into a tab fine; but the way that Go(n) works for some reason opens a new window, as if I had right-clicked "open in new window".
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Exactly. If I click any other link that re-directs to another window, it opens in a tab. I have that option on. Go(N) is the only one that opens a new browser window.

The pain in the ass for me with that, is (due to specific reasons) IE7 is the default browser so instead of opening in Firefox it opens it in Internet Exposer.

Dale

Comment

Working...
            X