Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I clicked away the ad, I got this:
    Attached Files
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have now searched for DriveClean ads from our ad providers, but I cannot find any record of one in our rotations. Arg!

I take it that you are only seeing this ad when browsing Apolyton?
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Of course.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Well then, process of elimination it needs to be apparently.

I have (at least temporarily) disabled one advertiser's pop-up and under banners that were running on-site. Please follow-up here the ad in question appears again; if so, I will re-enable them and then onto the next set.

If it does not appear again for an entire week though, we should have reasonably found the culprit.
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Guilty until proven innocent - I like it.

Comment

We should get more PLUS subscribers so Dan doesn't have to spend time tracking down unruly ads. Maybe we should make people pay for PLUS instead of sending them to Mingapulco and PCR them?
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                Guilty until proven innocent - I like it.

Originally posted by Zoid
                We should get more PLUS subscribers so Dan doesn't have to spend time tracking down unruly ads. Maybe we should make people pay for PLUS instead of sending them to Mingapulco and PCR them?
                Oooo...

Comment

Grrr - eitherwe have a miscarriage of justice or a conspiracy - just got one :
                  Attached Files
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I got one yesterday too. An ErrorSave popup, I killed SeaMonkey from the taskmanger and then I disabled popups. Fortunately no harm was done.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Crap. This continues to be elusive.

We're continuing to investigate.

Comment

Quick follow-up: next set of ads disabled. Here's hoping...

Comment

Dan, is there no chance for you to request from an ad-company to see all the ads they show on Apolyton? Well that would make things much easier for you.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              Dan, is there no chance for you to request from an ad-company to see all the ads they show on Apolyton? Well that would make things much easier for you.
                              Reviewing ads in addition to their descriptions is what I have been doing so far -- no hits. Thus, this process of elimination.

If this still continues, however, I will try a more aggressive process of elimination.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                                Reviewing ads in addition to their descriptions is what I have been doing so far -- no hits. Thus, this process of elimination.
                                Maybe it also depends on the browser you are using and the used preferences.

Actually this isn't very satisfying as you don't find the culprit this way, at least you don't have a confirmation.

By the way how many of how many ads have you disabled so far?

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X