ErrorSafe popup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ErrorSafe popup?

If this is an advertisement on the site, it offen gives an extra popup to scan my computer for something. Quite annoying if this is the case.

Can someone of the staff please confirm this is normal?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

I get it too

Comment

Hmmm, and I was thinking spyware got on my computer again. Don't click anything BTW, just shut down the browser.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Forensic material

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I've got it a few times here too.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            Hmmm, and I was thinking spyware got on my computer again. Don't click anything BTW, just shut down the browser.
            Any way to find out if it is on your computer already? Program folder or something?
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

try looking here
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

If this pop-up is indeed being caused by one or more of Apolyton's advertisers, it was done without our express or implicit permission: we want it removed as quickly as possible. However, we need more information in order to be able to identify the source.

To start with, those who have experienced this pop-up while browsing this site: a) did it just start in the last few days, b) has/does it only appear when browsing this site and c) if it appears while browsing this site again, let us know in this thread.

--------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I have had it a few times over several weeks, but I'm not 100% sure if it was only on this site or not.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

I had it twice on this site, don't think it happened on other sites.
                    First time was last week IIRC.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It just happened again, half a minute ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        It just happened again, half a minute ago.
                        While browsing this site, and only this site I take it?

See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...51#post4673651 for an earlier description of the type and detail of data that we will need in order to most likely identify the source.

--------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I had other tabs up, but I didn't use them atm. The popup came when the page was finished loading, I clicked away the popup but it was the same as pictured above, just in Norwegian. When I went to the top, I saw this, which should prove that it unfortunately is from you. I checked the properties, but as you see nothing stood there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Next time (if there is unfortunately a next time) can you get the URL of the ErrorSafe banner ad that appears alongside the pop-up? That would be most helpful in identifying the source of the agency we have contracted with that is serving this ad.

--------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I'm not sure I'm following you. I kept the window open until now. When I tried to go to a new page, I got this one. Can you point me to where and what I should do? I've kept the window open and are using another browser window in the mean time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X