Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikolai
    replied
    The problem is, that there is no way to do that. The banner ad acts like it's a part of the white background. And when I tried this time, the page refreshed as soon as I clicked away the message bo(which didn't happen first time for some reason), and the refreshed page had another ad.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Thanks, will remember this procedure in case Nikolai didn't catch it this time and I have the popup again.

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai
    I'm not sure I'm following you. I kept the window open until now. When I tried to go to a new page, I got this one. Can you point me to where and what I should do? I've kept the window open and are using another browser window in the mean time.
    Right-click on the ErrorSafe banner ad. I see you're using Firefox (like myself), so select "Copy Link Location" from the menu that appears and paste it into a new post reply. As an added measure of verification right-click on the banner again, select "Copy Image Location" and paste it into the reply window too.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    I'm not sure I'm following you. I kept the window open until now. When I tried to go to a new page, I got this one. Can you point me to where and what I should do? I've kept the window open and are using another browser window in the mean time.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Next time (if there is unfortunately a next time) can you get the URL of the ErrorSafe banner ad that appears alongside the pop-up? That would be most helpful in identifying the source of the agency we have contracted with that is serving this ad.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    I had other tabs up, but I didn't use them atm. The popup came when the page was finished loading, I clicked away the popup but it was the same as pictured above, just in Norwegian. When I went to the top, I saw this, which should prove that it unfortunately is from you. I checked the properties, but as you see nothing stood there.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikolai
    It just happened again, half a minute ago.
    While browsing this site, and only this site I take it?

See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...51#post4673651 for an earlier description of the type and detail of data that we will need in order to most likely identify the source.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    It just happened again, half a minute ago.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    I had it twice on this site, don't think it happened on other sites.
    First time was last week IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    I have had it a few times over several weeks, but I'm not 100% sure if it was only on this site or not.

Leave a comment:

• DanQ
    replied
    If this pop-up is indeed being caused by one or more of Apolyton's advertisers, it was done without our express or implicit permission: we want it removed as quickly as possible. However, we need more information in order to be able to identify the source.

To start with, those who have experienced this pop-up while browsing this site: a) did it just start in the last few days, b) has/does it only appear when browsing this site and c) if it appears while browsing this site again, let us know in this thread.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Leave a comment:

• Illuminatus
    replied
    try looking here

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
    Hmmm, and I was thinking spyware got on my computer again. Don't click anything BTW, just shut down the browser.
    Any way to find out if it is on your computer already? Program folder or something?

Leave a comment:

• Nikolai
    replied
    I've got it a few times here too.

Leave a comment:

• Colonâ„¢
    replied
    Forensic material

Leave a comment:

Working...
X