Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wonder about inactive posters/screen names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder about inactive posters/screen names?

Or is it just me? All these posters, and interesting (and non-interesting) screen names, yet they never post.

So I'm looking at today's birthdays and I see Ready2Die. A very cool screen name imho. Yet he only has 2 posts.

And I still think we should weed out old inactive posters and free up cool screen names for other people.

If you look at today's registrations, you see these weird screen names that look like gibberish. I think we've run out of cool words to use as screen names because we have so many used up already. And people using numbers in their screen names. Sigh. I'm not saying numbers in screen names are always bad (it works for ready2die ), but in some cases it makes no sense.

another one: The infamous X. He can't be that infamous. I never heard of him.

But how to tell the difference between the losers who have 0 postcount because they only post in OT and the winners who ran away screaming in horror?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Maybe by also looking at the "last post" field? Just remove all the users with less than 5 posts and the last post made by this poster was made 4+ years ago (off topic posts shows up in this field)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

MarkG and DanQ: we are not considering purging the old usernames at this time, as this would consist of a great deal of work and we have other priorities (secret additional reason - we want as many as possible!). However, in extreme (and very clear) cases Ming has been known to free up specific usernames manually.

Comment

Like I used to be named Squonk before Heresson. If I ever wanted to switch back, I wouldn't be able to do it, because another Squonk, inactive for years now, posted a couple of posts and left
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

I like "Squonk." What does it mean?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

"Frog" in ancient polish
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                Like I used to be named Squonk before Heresson. If I ever wanted to switch back, I wouldn't be able to do it, because another Squonk, inactive for years now, posted a couple of posts and left
                But why would you ever want to go back?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  I like "Squonk." What does it mean?
                  It's a fairy-tale creature so ugly, that, being to shy to come out, hides in the forests. It is very unhappy and sobs constantly, making it an easy prey for hunters, who simply follow the track of tears. When captured, however, it dissoves into tears completely, ending its existance.

Genesis made a song about it, in which the hunter lured Squonk by pretending to be its friend, and then captured it. Squonk, obviously, dissolved into tears.
                  Middle East!

Comment

here is Squonk and the evil hunter
                    Attached Files
                    Middle East!

Comment

It's cute
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I liked you much better when you were Squonk .
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'm pretty sure You don't remember me. I didn't post much at OT back then.
                          aside from that, I'm still a shy hideous creature without friends crying constantly
                          through time and space, though names may change, a face retains the mask it wore.
                          Middle East!

Comment

Actually, OT is the one place where I still don't know many posters. I know the names of the regulars by now, but with few exceptions, don't really know who they are / what they mostly post. Squonk I do remember, though admittedly not too well.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I posted in SL and civ2 forums only these days I think
                              Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                              X