spyware on Apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spyware on Apolyton?

My anti-spyware programs consistently detects as.casalemedia.com on the Apolyton forums.

Here's the description I found: Casalemedia from www.Casalemedia.com is a tracking cookie. Casalemedia tracking cookie will monitor your internet activity and gather personal information about you. These records maybe retrieved by the mother company absent of your consent.

Has anyone else found this as well?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

That is why I individually set permissions for cookies on various webpages.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware...re_and_cookies. We have not seen or heard any evidence of CasaleMedia making poor use of cookies they set, but after reading the entry you can make/change/retain your own choice about this company.

---------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Have you given permission to this company to put its spyware on Apolyton?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

CasaleMedia sells advertising space and it's (almost certain) use of cookies is to track if you have seen an ad in order to show you another one. This a standard practice for web advertising.

That said....

NOT all cookies are spyware

You can however set your browser to reject cookies from advertising companies if that makes you feel better

Now, if you have any information that CasaleMedia allows the distribution of actual spyware through their ads, please let us know and action shall be taken (as we have done in the past)
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Apolyton is coming to get us
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

I keep getting asked to accept cookies from Apolyton. Damned spyware.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

What's pi?
                Middle East!

Comment

Ditto, re: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...91#post4650291 techumseh. You clearly misunderstood me.

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                    What's pi?
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

oh, I always remember just 3,14...
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                        What's pi?
                        A delicious treat I ate a third of. Help yourself to the rest though.

Comment

I think spyware proggies are a bit overzealous in classifying cookies as "spyware".
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

spyware froggies?
                            Middle East!

Comment

AFAIK, the cookie from Apolyton is so you don't have to log in each time - the cookie ensures the site remembers you when you return to it. I could be wrong, but from what I've been able to find out the cookie from casalemedia collects information on what pages, ads, etc. you access and communicates it back to the company. If so, that is indeed spyware.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X