X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom! Democracy! Frogs!

Dear fellow Apolytoners

President Bush is destroying world peace to promote democracy in areas like Iraq and Afghanistan, and he thinks he fights the Axis of Evil. But the core of the evil, the true spirit hostile to democracy lays elsewhere. The threat of democracy, bah, a sinister parody of United States, perhaps a deadly experiment of future american gouverment led by some dark forces, is much nearer.
    It is Apolyton.
    A multicultural, multiethnic and multireligious community of outcasts from real, old, forms of life, so similar in its diversity and hatred towards the French to US, and as US' democracy having its roots in some greek stuff, is ruled by an evil triangle, the true and only axis of evil.
    Years pass, yet the gouverment of Apolyton remains constant, crushing and quashing any opposition. Some are sent to exile, some mysteriously "disappear", and the most tallented and honoured personalities of the population are bought into the system by Hall of Fame, or rather Hall of Shame.
    There are no moderators' elections. The system works so well that terrorised flock of once-lured and brainwashed Apolytoners can't even imagine life can be different.
    The goal that once brought this imperium together was superseded by greed and longing for domination.
    But taking freedom away from people invariably ends up in destroying their creativity.
    A society without freedom can not last long.
    For the sake of Apolyton, I beg people of Apolyton to rise and shake the yoke of the tyrants off their back.
    Free and fair elections for moderators should be made each half year or so.
    The site should be a common property. Like old landlords and kings, the current site-owners' property should be confiscated, and they ought to be trialed in front of people's jury.

Long live Apolyton!
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Heresson, you're becoming quite the spammer lately. Sadly.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I wonder how long before you'll beg to get back not 500 posts, but 100% of your current pc.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This one is quite funny, admittedly. For as long as it lasts anyway.

Comment

The serious point of this thread is:
          there should be moderators' elections.
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            This one is quite funny, admittedly. For as long as it lasts anyway.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Then the serious answer is, it has been stated repeatedly by the site's owners that moderators are chosen by the owners. Which, of course, is how it should be because a moderator is tasked with keeping order and enforcing the rules, and not merely being a winner of some popularity contest. And, as it has been repeatedly stated by one of the mods, this is not a democracy.

Although I have a hard time believing you truly believe there need to be moderator elections . Looks like a half-baked excuse for another one of your spam posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                The serious point of this thread is:
                there should be moderators' elections.
                [Ming]
                This is not a democracy.
                [/Ming]

[DanQ]

[/DanQ]

[rah]
                Toast.
                [/rah]
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Shiva: 10% PCR. If you'll recall, last time I warned you, I promised a PCR next time you spam.

Comment

Eventis is run democratically. Kind of.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

What on earth would the point of that be? Decisions could just be made by bots and people with DLs and way too much free time if that were the case.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                        Shiva: 10% PCR. If you'll recall, last time I warned you, I promised a PCR next time you spam.
                        Would it have been better if he added a "QFT"?
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli

Would it have been better if he added a "QFT"?
                          Who knows, it's too late anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            What on earth would the point of that be? Decisions could just be made by bots and people with DLs and way too much free time if that were the case.
                            We also have citizenship requirements. Of course, that didn't prevent Sava from become Prime Minister...
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Eventis DEMOCRACY
                              Heresson, you fit in far more at Eventis than you do here.
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                              X