X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While You Wait quotes

I noticed a mistake in one:

It is not that polar co-ordinates are complicated, it is simply
    that cartesian co-ordinates are simpler than they have a right to be.
    -- Kleppner & Kolenhow, "An Introduction to Mechanics"
    It's actually Kleppner & Kolenkow

Memories... I used that book for freshman physics.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

people actually read those?

Actually I sometimes do. Some of them are decent, some are lame and I have no idea what the mean.

Comment

Re: While You Wait quotes

Originally posted by LordShiva
      I noticed a mistake in one:

It's actually Kleppner & Kolenkow

Memories... I used that book for freshman physics.
      You like physics?
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Physics is the best subject.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

nerds
          Middle East!

Comment

I stopped reading those quotes about 3 days after they came in.

Comment

they suck, mostly
              Middle East!

Comment

I remember that book too.

Did you ever do the problem about Russian paratroopers being dropped in bales of hay due to parachute shortages during WWII?
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It was 4 years ago. Sounds familiar, though.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    people actually read those?
                    90% of the quotes are pointless, 9% of them are too long to be read in time, and the last 1% might be funny

We need a better quotes database
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I think all quotes should be quotes by me. That should keep things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

We need a better quotes database
                        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                        The video may avatar is from

Comment

I never get the opportunity to read the quotes, or even to click on pause. That's the misery you get with broadband.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Well, you can click "Back" after the post is posted to go back to the quote page and take however long you want to read it.

Comment

I know, I sometimes to that but then it turns out it wasn't worth the effort.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X