This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for a CIV IV Warlords CIVGROUP Badge

I was thinking maybe if I asked plenty nice and maybe if no one missed it, but saw it they would think what a marvelous idea for our latest release!

Please, allow a CIV GROUP Badge for Warlords

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

So, a CivGroup specifically for Warlords along with an 'appropriate' bage is what you're asking for or..?

-------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
      So, a CivGroup specifically for Warlords along with an 'appropriate' bage is what you're asking for or..?

-------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      Dan, I was thinking, perhaps we had a C4 on top for Civ 4 and maybe a W on bottom for Warlords

This would show our (Those who play) support.

I also believe we need to continue PR work on all groups (much like continued support for CTP with generating news and publicly seeking more interest.

It is of course up to you sir but this way we continue to generate more interest I believe

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        Dan, I was thinking, perhaps we had a C4 on top for Civ 4 and maybe a W on bottom for Warlords

This would show our (Those who play) support.
        Volunteers to create this graphic, anyone?

I also believe we need to continue PR work on all groups (much like continued support for CTP with generating news and publicly seeking more interest.

It is of course up to you sir but this way we continue to generate more interest I believe
        Through the CivGroups' news feature, then? This would necessitate more of a "community" than an Apolyton administration/staff response, but naturally we would support such an effort.

-------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

Volunteers to create this graphic, anyone?
          Dan, how Big is an ICON?(I may try to do this myself)

Through the CivGroups' news feature, then? This would necessitate more of a "community" than an Apolyton administration/staff response, but naturally we would support such an effort.

-------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          Yes, I will, as allways, promote our community and try to drum up interest in all possible venues meeting site criteria

Comment

Test
            Attached Files

Comment

I will work on it, not very classy, perhaps other will use there Graphic design capabilities

Comment

Actually, whilst civgroups are probably the easiest way to show this, how about a whole new profile section, with matching badges, which basically states which versions of the games we own.

What I mean is something like CFC has (only better) which could be useful for matching up who has what games. So, if I add Warlords to my account, it would then show up, so people could contact me and ask if I wanted to play a quick (yeah, right! ) game.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

What would be the point of a generic Warlords civgroup? We have MP/PBEM civgroups so players can find each other, DG civgroups so people can see who is in which game/team and post in private forums, modding civgroups so people can publish news items to announce their new creations, etc. But a generic group for Warlords? What would be its purpose?

While badges to show of which games we own is kind of a neat idea, enough crap is being displayed in the name column as it is, we really don't need to pollute it further.

MP and/or PBEM civgroups for Warlords might be useful, although the difference between those and equivalent Civ4 groups is minimal and the MP forums aren't exactly flooded with people looking for games, so I'm not sure there's an urgent need. But it doesn't hurt to have them I suppose...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Proably a waste of idea and time and effort

I hereby rescind my request.

"Of no real importance or Value"

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                      I hereby rescind my request.
                      Very well -- thread closed.

-------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                      X