"ACSR Weekly" Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "ACSR Weekly" Cancelled

he first edition of Apolyton Civilization Site Radio (ACSR) "Weekly"'s newest incarnation came on and for March 7th, 2004. This series successfully completed two full seasons (52 editions apiece), but due to lack of listenership and reception it is being officially cancelled today just 17 editions into its third season.

Its final broadcast will be the June 25th, 2006 edition, but the official announcement to this effect was only made that August 15th and that broadcast itself to be released later this month. Despite this lackluster end, with 121 instalments total ACSR Weekly is by far the longest running in ACSR's four year history.

All broadcasts in this series remain available for listening live-on-demand. ACSR Station Manager Daniel "DanQ" Quick is starting work on a possible replacement in the service's broadcast schedule with more details to come.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

What?? We have a radio station?
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
      Really!!!

It didn't work on dialup
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Yea I've never heard of it.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

I guess this was inevitable. Hopefully this frees up some admin time to do something else though.

Comment

How about giving us the answers to the 7th birthday quiz!!

Oh, wait...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Will9

Yea I've never heard of it.

Originally posted by nugog
              Really!!!

It didn't work on dialup
              Can you be more specific on how it did not work on dial-up (e.g. what is your dial-up speed, what program(s) were you trying to use to listen, what error message(s) did you receive)? If you last tried when the service still used RealAudio and not MP3, I understand completely.

Originally posted by DrSpike
              I guess this was inevitable. Hopefully this frees up some admin time to do something else though.
              I hope so as well. I even alluded to the possibility in the announcement.

How about giving us the answers to the 7th birthday quiz!!

Oh, wait...

------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Radio? Strange. What was being done there?
                Anyway, it's a shame. I hope it will return oneday
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                  Radio? Strange. What was being done there?
                  Anyway, it's a shame. I hope it will return oneday
                  It's nice to know that "Weekly" is being missed by at least by one person , but don't expect its return anytime soon (if ever).

Enjoy the archives and the other ACSR offerings! There's more to come from this service.

------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

If I knew of it, then maybe I would have listened.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

It's nice to know that "Weekly" is being missed by at least by one person

Dan; Apolyton CS
                      Not sure he's missing it - he doesn't seem to know what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                        If I knew of it, then maybe I would have listened.
                        It's been apart of the links atop forum pages for some time (radio) and on the news headline drop-down/in the Miscellaneous section.

------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

It's been apart of the links atop forum pages for some time (radio) and on the news headline drop-down/in the Miscellaneous section.

------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            It isn't as if people actually read those
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                              It isn't as if people actually read those
                              Hardly the fault of the staff or administration here... shame on such people.

------
                              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                              X