popup blocker is standard in EI now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popup blocker is standard in EI now

What is the current moral stance on popup blockers. Are we supposed to manually open each little yellow thing at that top that says a popup was blocked? So the site doesn't die?

Apolyton is dead. Long live Apolyton!
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Wtf is EI?

Comment

Am I going to spoil things for people by mentioning I haven't witnessed a popup in ages while I'm not using a blocker?
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          Wtf is EI?
          Explorer Internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
            Am I going to spoil things for people by mentioning I haven't witnessed a popup in ages while I'm not using a blocker?
            With FF I get one from time to time, but for some reason not with Opera. I guess Opera's popup blocker is more effective.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

But my blocker isn't activated, that's the whole point of my post.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Then I'd like an explanation. Do you have a subscription perhaps?
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Nah, I'm just a special guy.

(though I'm already regretting mentioning this, I don't want to have anyone fix this)
                  Last edited by Colonâ„¢; July 14, 2006, 18:28.

Comment

I got the same thing as Colon. Apolyton is on my "allowed" list btw.

Firefox.

Does that make us double special, or only half special?
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      Wtf is EI?
                      Enternet Ixplorer, duh
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                        Enternet Ixplorer, duh
                        TCO is a Kiwi??

I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Yep, big, green and fuzzy. He contains a lot of vitamin C!
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

There are popups on this site?
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yup. However, as an inmate(whatever did you do to Ming to deserve such a punishment? ) you might not be able to view the beauties.

Comment

Working...
                              X