Report this post to a moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report this post to a moderator

I generally only report a post when it is an obvious spam advertisement, but every time I do I wonder if I am the 100th person to report it (and make the Mod's needlessly receive 100 reports).

On another forum I frequent, the words "Post is Reported" appear on a post that has been reported. Is it possible for the same to be done here so that once a post has been reported the readers know it is not necessary to report it again?

/me
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Very good idea.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Better communication is always a good thing, and it reduces work for the mods / admin in the longrun. Certainly a good idea.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i'd say that the amount and content of reports are also helpfull, so...
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I agree with Mark.

I usually report anything that is posted by the usual suspect spammers, ie Winston, Lancer, Asher...

Comment

Very funny Ecthy..

Didn't you mention you were going to ask for your login to be permanently disabled? When exactly is this long-awaited forum improvement due?

Comment

Now now children...
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Winston: post reported

Comment

I would have thought that it is precisely getting multiple reports that would tell the admin/mod that it wasn't just some idiot reporting posts from people they don't like.

Comment

Re: Report this post to a moderator

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                    On another forum I frequent, the words "Post is Reported" appear on a post that has been reported. Is it possible for the same to be done here so that once a post has been reported the readers know it is not necessary to report it again?
                    This could be useful

Originally posted by Ecthy
                    I usually report anything that is posted by the usual suspect spammers, ie Winston, Lancer, Asher...
                    Oh, I thought these were auto-reported as soon as posted?
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      I would have thought that it is precisely getting multiple reports that would tell the admin/mod that it wasn't just some idiot reporting posts from people they don't like.
                      Nah, doing that would just cause their spam filters on their mailbox to work overtime.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Re: Report this post to a moderator

Originally posted by Adagio
                        Oh, I thought these were auto-reported as soon as posted?
                        Just double-checking

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Nah, doing that would just cause their spam filters on their mailbox to work overtime.
                          I doubt that.

Comment

It doesn't matter anyway. Spam filters don't get paid overtime rates.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ok, how many have actually reported this thread? (I know I came within an inch of doing so. )
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X