• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB parsing is screwed up

see here

The original version used:
    {url=...}{q} blah blah {/q}{/url}

The effects of the url tag were extended until it hit the next url tag, instead of applying it only to the quote block.

Then I put the example, with [ and ] instead of { and } as above, in a code block, but the vB processed the url and q tags inside the code block!
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Re: vB parsing is screwed up

edit: I guess not. the problem seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it's just ot doing that.

I blame OTBOT.

Comment

What's all this OTBOT talk? What on Earth is OTBOT?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

An Emperor who doesn't know about Otbot.

Comment

Hehe... I almost never visit the OT. But I just found it now. It should definately have been posted in the AC...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            edit: I guess not. the problem seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it's just ot doing that.

I blame OTBOT.

No, it didn't "fix itself." The vB code inside the code block is still being processed, and only the quotes are linked because I reversed the order of the url and q invocations.

But yes, let's blame OTBOT for turning text pink as well.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

yes I have accepted the great wisdom of OTBOT.

It has determined some of my posts need to be bold, and some need to be pink. It seems to have great judgement in these matters. Better than my own judgement.

Comment

OTBOT
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

seems like problem solved
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X