Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the advertisement threads locked instead of deleted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the advertisement threads locked instead of deleted?

That's a serious question. The spambots post them to get people to click on the links so even if the thread is locked and sinks they still achieve their goal. Wouldn't it be better to delete the thread and institute a one stike and you're permabanned policy so that 1) no one clicks the link they've posted and 2) the bastards at least have to spend a bit more time registering AEs? Just my $0.02.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

For what its worth, I agree. I also posted such in the threads spambots have spewed into the Other Games forum. Ironically, those threads were deleted.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I agree, they should go away forever
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Perhaps you only notice the ones that aren't deleted, because, well, they're the only ones still visible?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
          Perhaps you only notice the ones that aren't deleted, because, well, they're the only ones still visible?

I delete a ton of them... Some mods don't have the power to delete threads... so they stay closed until somebody else comes along later to clean them up
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming once deleted a thread of mine before the page loaded. Not even I got to see my thread. That's how fast he is.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

That's..................impressive!
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  Ming once deleted a thread of mine before the page loaded. Not even I got to see my thread. That's how fast he is.
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I often leave them there as evidence of the slaughter. I just delete the links
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      I often leave them there as evidence of the slaughter. I just delete the links
                      That's right, leaving the carcasses around as warnings to spammer wannabes.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                        Ming
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ming

Leaving gutted carcasses won't scare off the spambots. They are brainless anyway.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Ming
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              For what its worth, I agree. I also posted such in the threads spambots have spewed into the Other Games forum. Ironically, those threads were deleted.
                              That's because I have power to delete them and so I do in the Other Games forum as soon as I notice them. Well for that matter, I delete them wherever I see them.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X