This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammar patrol: "WINS ONE, LOOSES ONE"

From the Civ4 headlines: "WINS ONE, LOOSES ONE". I assume DanQ meant "LOSES". I've been seeing this misuse a lot lately, and hate to see it reinforced by the admins.

Loose = opposite of tight
    Lose = opposite of win

*ahem* thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly scheduled spam.

maybe you are misinterpreting what he means by "WINS ONE"
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Just to up the pedantry level - that's not grammar, it's spelling.
      War can so easily be gilt with romance and heroism and solemn national duty and patriotism and the like by persons whose superficial literary and oratorical talent covers an abyss of Godforsaken folly - G B Shaw

Comment

A funny spelling mistake too - check out the WoW commentary thread in OG.

Comment

Loose = opposite of tight
          Loose can also mean something else...
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Typographical error on my part, and I didn't catch it myself. Corrected.

Thanks for the heads-up folks.

---------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            Last edited by DanQ; February 14, 2006, 23:22.
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
            X