Staff Position Swap Imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Position Swap Imminent

Two of Apolyton Civilization Site's staff members are swaping titles and responsibilities effective January 1st, 2006. For almost 3 1/2 years, 'rah' has served as ACS' Off-Topic Forum (OTF) Vice-Moderator. In recognition of his continued time, energy and professionalism in this task, he will succeed 'MichaeltheGreat' as OTF's second Moderator after 'Ming', who is also his real-life twin brother.

MichaeltheGreat is being reassigned to the Vice-Moderatorship position as of the same date.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; January 1, 2006, 23:52.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

i say they should all be fired. Especially if they've banned me in the past.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

OK, I've only been banned once and Ming was justified but I still thing they should be fired.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Markos banned me once, he should be fired too.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

it's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

this place is doomed

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't care if you are *#@!!! KING OF THE WORLD!! It's my job to rearrange your #@%*! deck chair, so stand the !!@#&$!! up!!

Comment

I find it disconcerting that the two top positions are going to clones.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

OK, for the most part this thread has been a something-'er-other-fest from the start. The next post I see that continues this trend will result in this thread's closing.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

---------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                  OK, for the most part this thread has been a something-'er-other-fest from the start. The next post I see that continues this trend will result in this thread's closing.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

---------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  Dan

Please work with me here:

Basically a flip-flop in positions, whats the difference between an Administrator and Moderator?

I know both can "Ban" but just curious as an administrator of many hats in my profession, I just want to be "enlightened"

Gramps

Oh and congrats
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

As an administrator, there are things you can do to the coding(?) of the website that you can't do with moderator-level rights, just like with your computer. Levels of access, basically.

I don't think MtG is being demoted, it's just that he hasn't been around as much lately so he probably only needs the powers of moderator to do his (volunteer) job. Rah, being around more often, can make more use of the administrator-level powers. That's my take anyway.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Ok

I can end the year more informed

Thanks

Comment

I administer a forum too, but I don't see how someone can be an Admin of just one forum.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

ming is a bastard. long live ming.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                            I administer a forum too
                            Where is this?

but I don't see how someone can be an Admin of just one forum.
                            My mistake in terminology actually -- is should be Moderator, Co-Moderator specifically but as written "second Moderator" is also accurate. That is what MtG was. I have modified the note above, the news item and the announcement accordingly.

Overall, rah is the remaining Super Moderator on-site. Easily confused with an Administrator anyday...  

--------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Dan

Please work with me here:

Basically a flip-flop in positions, whats the difference between an Administrator and Moderator?

I know both can "Ban" but just curious as an administrator of many hats in my profession, I just want to be "enlightened"

Gramps

Oh and congrats
                              Thank you Dan

Congrats to both volunteers and here is to another Great & Awesome year at Apolyton
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X