Where's everyone from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's everyone from?

I found this cool site that uses google maps to show where everyone is from. (just city by city, it doesn't let us zoom in and see your house...)

I created this one for us:

They're really neat looking once they get filled up, and it works worldwide!

It would be neat to post this over on the Civ4 forums, where the majority of people are, but I didn't want to get in trouble posting something off-topic...
    Where are you from? Put yourself on the Apolyton Map!

I was hoping someone other than myself would initiate this...

News item posted @ http://apolyton.net/about

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I'm in

Comment

The zoom is enough to see that you at St Johns School off of Vine St.

Personally I don't want that much information about where I live to be available.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Cue someone putting their location in as 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or 10 Downing Street or similar.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

That's actually quite a ways away from where I live. I think it just maps it by the center of the zip code or something.

There, I moved myself to downtown, the way it should be.

Check out kbarrett's location, in the middle of a forest.
            Last edited by aebbeka; January 1, 2006, 01:26.

Comment

I added myself, but didn't realise the name would appear. Beka can you change S to DrSpike?

Comment

All it lets me do is remove people. You'll have to add yourself again.

Comment

I'm on it now...
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm on it now!!!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yay, second Aussie on the map!
                      "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by aebbeka
                        All it lets me do is remove people. You'll have to add yourself again.
                        Done.

Comment

I'm only seeing the US
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Click and drag, my friend.

EDIT: Wow you sure do have to zoom in a long way to see DrSpike's location... sucks how they go one on top of the others...
                            "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                            Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

Another "There's nothing outside of the US" tool?
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X