not staying logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not staying logged in

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this if it isn't then I apologize but I'm not staying logged in to the forums. I can log in, then if I go to a subsection like the civ IV or the AC section it treats me like I never logged in and to post anything I have to logg in again. If in a certain section I adimt to log in again it then takes me back to the main forum page where the process repeats. If you need more info I can try and be more clear, sorry if this is confusing..
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Hi dacole. No apologies necessary -- I believe I follow you quite well.

Do you have cookies enabled (at least for apolyton.net)? If not, enable them (at least for apolyton.net ). Close your browser, re-open it, re-visit the forums and log in.

If the problem persists, let us know what browser/version you're using and we'll go from there.

--------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I think the problem might be that you´re cookied for www.apolyton.net and the links back from the subsections point to apolyton.net (or vice versa). You can try to set cookies for both adresses and see if that works.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

ahhh

the memories

a good e mail provider helped me as well
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

hmm

well I'm using firefox the latest version 1.5 and I have it set to accept cookies and when I checked the list it said I had cookies accepted for apolyton.net it does bring up my ID and password everytime it asks me to log in and the cookies for those were listed in my list as well along with several others I didn't recognize...

Comment

Ok, then I´m out of ideas...

Comment

Have you tried deleting your Apolyton cookies? If not, might be worth a shot.
              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
              -- Kosh

Comment

hmm

That didn't work either, cleared all my cookies and tried to log on again. Logged on fine then when I went to the aptylon university it acted like I hadn't logged on yet.. Went back and looked at my cookies and it did have some from apolyton.net and burst.net. Thought javascript being off might be the problem so I tired it with it both on and off but it ddin't work either way then either..

Comment

Is this just on Apolyton? Or do you have some automatic cookie cleaner? It could be some setting in the browser or a third party software like Norton.

What browser do you use btw?

Comment

ah

Thought I had posted this. I am using Firefox V 1.5. Haven't had this problem at any other site though there are not to many others that I log in to. Tried it on another computer also using 1.5 mozilla and didn't have this problem so it seems like it is a setting what though I don't know. I have McAfee antivirual and spam software (wouldn't surf the web without it) but that shouldn't be causing this problem should it?

Comment

Doh! Sorry, you mentioned it above...

But since it worked on another comp I think it´s McAfee that´s the culprit here somehow. Check the settings and see if you can find anything. Your friend isn´t running MacAfee I assume?

Comment

Working...
                      X