No announcement yet.

Is it possible to search the archives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to search the archives?

Way back when Civ 3 was in its infancy, I did a
    humo(u)rous post about the unique units that would fit a jewish/israeli civ. It seems appropriate for current civ 4 discussions, but I cant find it. I have some key words that could be used, like "silicon wadi" but cant figure out where and how to search. Searching the forums only seems to search the current forums.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Do you remember the thread starter?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Do you remember the thread starter?
      No, unfortunately. That would have made it too easy.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Also, was it in Civ3-General or something else?

I wouldn't trust the search feature too far. It turns up only a small portion of the relevant hits. If you can remember a thread title (or at least the first word of a thread title) or a thread starter's name and the forum it was originally posted in then going through the archive is relatively straightforward.
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Did a quick flip through Civ3-General archive. Looked for threads starting with "Jewish", "Hebrew" or "Israel". Found one each under Hebrew and Israeli. Both were proposals for a new civilisation. You posted in neither of them. Sorry.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Thats the problem, its in Civ3 general I think - i looked in Civ3 civilizations, and checked all threads id posted in. I believe it was in a thread started by someone else, about a general topic - Unique units in general, or new civs, or something like that. I would go through looking for threads id posted in (can i even trust that feature?) but there are over 300 pages of threads.

Comment

Try a search for Yiddish:

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Ironically if you had searched the AC you would know the answer is no.

Comment

And some of the 'current' forums are older than your registration date you little whippersnapper.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Shut it, old man.

Comment

Working...
                    X