A.C.S.R. 'Goes' MP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.C.S.R. 'Goes' MP3

This past weekend, Apolyton Civilization Site Radio (ACSR) made a simultaneous transition from RealAudio (RA) by RealNetworks to open-source MP3 using Audacity for production and Winamp for recommended playback. All station shows dated November 2005 onward will be recorded and made available in MP3 format exclusively, while all shows dated before this time have been converted into MP3 and their original RA versions removed.

This move was due primarily to target audience reach through MP3 as opposed to RA, and secondarily for financial reasons. In September and October of ths year, some special broadcasts were made available in MP3 as well as RA format as publicly unannounced 'test runs'.

ACSR is a service of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), one of the oldest and premiere online fansites for the Civilization computer strategy gaming series and its extended family.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    Last edited by DanQ; November 19, 2005, 23:33.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

DanQ, please take a habit of writing the size of mp3 files in your announcements

I could calculate them from length, but it's better if they're there.

Specifically, I was looking at announcements about Brad Wardell and Soren Johnson interviews, and size isn't mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      DanQ, please take a habit of writing the size of mp3 files in your announcements

I could calculate them from length, but it's better if they're there.

Specifically, I was looking at announcements about Brad Wardell and Soren Johnson interviews, and size isn't mentioned.
      Added to my "to-do" list.

Thanks for the feedback, VetLegion. How are you enjoying the format change in general?

---------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I think it's a good idea

Haven't listened to it yet, I have a traffic limit on my ADSL so every MB counts. That's why I need the size before I click anything.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
          I think it's a good idea

Haven't listened to it yet, I have a traffic limit on my ADSL so every MB counts. That's why I need the size before I click anything.
          I hear you! (No pun intended ).

News/forum items will reflect file sizes for ACSR broadcasts from now on (as of this past Friday, in fact).

---------
          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
          X