How to see if a post was read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to see if a post was read?

I may just be missing it, but I searched around and looked in the FAQ and didn't really find an answer.

Is there a way in these forums to see if we already read a post? For example, I go into a thread that I started reading ealier...I know there is new posts in it...how can I see when I am in there where the new posts begin?

Thanks in advance.
    -Rick

If you click on the envelope to the left of the thread name when it is red, then it will take you to the next post after you last looked at the thread. Now this post will be new - if you only read 3 pages of a 6 page thread, then clicking on the red envelope will take you to the next post at the end of the 6th page.
    Oh, and ignore the dancing.

Comment

Its not the OT, and it wasn't about *ahem* DrSpike's PSC. So all is ok. We need not dance.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The red/yellow envelope is a good indication of threads you have read, but it tends to be wiped clean after each visit. Sometimes. Or if you open too many threads. Or if it is Tuesdays.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I solve the problem by always starting from my last post. Might as well start at the top.

Comment

Unfortunately that has limited use for the rest of us. Not everyone posts in every thread, you know.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well, I can't help that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                The red/yellow envelope is a good indication of threads you have read, but it tends to be wiped clean after each visit. Sometimes. Or if you open too many threads. Or if it is Tuesdays.
                Yeah, that is what I am seeing then, because it doesn't seem to work too well for me. That stinks...makes it pretty tough to find where I am. Thanks though.
                -Rick

Comment

Have you tried the "Go to first unread post"-link at the (almost) top right of the page? It only works on one page at a time though (ie you must keep track of which page you were at last).
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                  X