X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva
    But...CFC is kicking our behind though.
    What makes you say that, alva?

Numbers of threads, numbers of posts, numbers of registered users on the forums... that only tells part of the story. But as duke o' york has already said, it's not a competition.

Let history make the judgment calls.

---------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Apolyton Parties All Over The World

A great site, very user friendly, and extremely helpful this old fella.

Let the games never end.

Attached Files
      Long Live The Horde
      Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
      Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

Well, I haven't really compared the numbers but CFC's do look impressive.

Wow, I just checked the site stats and the site traffic jumped like 100% recently. We now get around 27,000 unique visitors per day. Normally the number is around 14,000 - 16,000. It looks TODAY is going to be our best day, estimated at over 33,000 unique vistors! :) And the good thing is...
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Bah, we go for quality, not quantity. And CFC has obviously fiddled with their stats.
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Wow, a record. Has a new game come out or something?

Comment

It's amazing that the site is able to stay up despite the record-breaking numbers- the stability is MUCH better than on Civ III's release when the OT was shut down!

Great work Markos and Dan!

~DC
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thanks for the ongoing kind words of support and congratulations, everyone.

Well, I haven't really compared the numbers but CFC's do look impressive.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132375
                I do not recognize the software in use from the screenshots of CFC visitor data. Perhaps there is someone who does? Also, I do not know if what we are seeing there are third-party stats or logs from CFC's server.

In terms of our sitewide traffic, we log our own stats. There are some 'legacy' third-party trackers still in places on-site, but they're few and far between.

----------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

P.S. If you use Alexa as a measure for any website, be wary... its trackers only count traffic through copies of the Internet Explorer browser from what I understand. Most unfortunate all around.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Wow, a record. Has a new game come out or something?
                  Hangman 3D I think...

And I´m also amazed at the stability of the site. Our very own dynamic duo has done a terrific job
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'm glad to report that Settler III is perfoming excellently* and we have not have to even think of cuting any features or services (although I was tempted (and some people on irc agreed!) to close the OT just to keep with the tradition )

* Some people have goten mysql connection errors, but they are only temporary and usually a refresh does the job
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Perhaps there is someone who does?

Nope, sorry.

Markos:

Was that the 30 second thingy we got yesterday?
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

on a semi related topic..I just noticed we had 265 or so new registrations on 10-30-2005

Very nice

Lets all chip in and welcome them

wouldnt it be cool if we all sent them a pm or email and just kinda like.."welcome to apolyton"

make 'em feel at home

Gramps
                        "Livin-La-Vida-Poly Life" Troll
                        Attached Files
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You play the music, we do the DL dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                            You play the music, we do the DL dance.
                            looking forward to meeting you at Hunt Valley

do you normally wear a hat Zopperoni or just for special occasions..you have a very distinctive look
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Everyone tells him that, and some of them in less kind words than those.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Was that the 30 second thingy we got yesterday?
                                not sure what you're refering too. what did you experience during these 30 secs?

the darn thing is broken again
                                Most users ever online on a day was 2080 on Monday, October 31st, 2005.
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X