inappropriate advertisement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inappropriate advertisement!

I was on Poly tonight and I saw this ad in the top right...

"Beat the Bad Rapper"

and you have to hit this guy with a baseball bat and you get a "FREE RING TONE"

I don't think this ad is appropriate for this family site

I still have the window open if you need more information about the ad...
    Attached Files
    To us, it is the BEAST.

i agree, but i don't see ads.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

You are such a wuss, Sava .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        it's not about my personal tastes

I am just bringing this to Markos and Dan's attention and they can make a decision

I just created this thread because there was a similar ad that faded glory was talking about but he did not take a screenshot or have the specifics about it...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

it's not about my personal tastes

I don't think this ad is appropriate for this family site

Really?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hi Sava.

Quoting from an earlier post of mine, indeed, from the other thread you mention:

With the advertising agencies we have affiliated Apolyton with, we have elected to allow them to auto-select what ads go into our campaigns based on a pre-selected preference list. Unfortunately, some ads get categorized incorrectly -- even inappropriately -- and we have to go in and manually remove them from the rotation.

[P]lease provide the link to which the ad points.
              We'll investigate this ad further from there.

--------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

I give Dan and Mark mad props for that ad.

Public service messages!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Dan: http://www.ringaza.com/index.php?sid=CD4058

Is that what you mean? That is the site I got sent to when I "beat the rapper"... I couldn't get any other information from the ad. I still have the window open if you could explain to me a different way to get information from the ad. I tried right-click but that yielded nothing.

Imran: you are totally missing the point (as usual)... it is not about my personal tastes... and yes, as I said, I think this ad is inappropriate for this family site... i.e. Markos and Dan have decided what kind of site Apolyton is, not me, meaning my personal tastes on what advertising to allow has nothing to do with this... I am bringing this to their attention so they can make the call.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's wrong with giving the impression to the next generation that it's fine to beat big bad rappers with baseballs bats?

Comment

Yeah, that´ll teach those young whippersnappers what happens when you make crappy music.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                      X